• The Cheery Runner

    Sunday, May 07, 2006

    Sunday Run to Labrador - Marina South

    Oni a few of us (Adam, Andre, Derrick, Divey, Freddy, Ong, me, Phillipe, Segolene, Small Chua, Teck Hou, TLH, Waifung n Yuen) turned up today.. Anthony, DO and Ricci went for MR progressive run.. Kumaran was last min called up to work morning shift.. JC got a bad diarrhea and missed the run..

    By the time we reached Alexandra junction, Derrick, Freddy, Ong n Teck Hou were far ahead of us.. Andre, Divey, me, Phillipe, Segolene, Small Chua, TLH, Waifung n Yuen were running together in the 2nd pack.. I was breathing slightly heavier as I followed behind Adam up the Labrador slope.. I did 2 loops in the park and took a sip of water from the cooler at each rd.. We exited from the flat road and all of us managed to gather at the traffic light n headed towards harborfront..

    Andre and TLH turned back towards kampong Bahru while the rest of us head towards Keppel.. Divey told us not to wait for her as her injury flared up again.. Along Keppel road, Adam asked for a water break n we stopped at Tanjiong pagar shell station for a drink.. was surprised to see Divey, tot she Uturn back earlier.. she really endured her pain all the way.. really admired her never give up spirit :D

    Segolene n Phillipe turned back shortly after Shell station while the rest of us headed in to Marina South.. Adam, Divey n Waifung planned to do 21km so they U turn back @ Marina Bay 1st busstop.. left Small Chua, Wong, Yuen and me.. the pace was still quite ok and soon we reached Victor's Bowl n saw the frontiers completed their marathon loop.. i finished my remaining 100plus... Yuen went for a short toilet break and Wong led Small Chua n me to the marathon Uturn pt n str out we exited from Prince Edward rd.. my energy was running low n we stopped for another water break @ Finger Pier.. i had my refreshing H2O before we cont'd on back to club @ a faster pace.. had a hard time trying to follow behind Small Chua n Wong.. @ TB rise, i was panting heavily and my legs had no strength to catch up.. was abt 50m away behind when i reached the club..

    Overall, it was a good run for me and i enjoyed it tho my archilles were arching badly for both legs after tt....

    Distance covered: 25km __ Timing : 2:37:01

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home