• The Cheery Runner

    Sunday, April 16, 2006

    LSD to Ulu Pandan Canal

    Looking forward to today's run.. can't wait to try out my new nike gear with matching cap :) Quite a no. turned up today.. Alan, Johhny and Karen also came :)

    Ong briefed on today's route: Club- Depot Rd- Queensway- Portsdown-Dover Rd-Clementi Rd-Ulu Pandan Canal- Commonwealth Rd- Queenstown-Ikea-Alexandra Rd-Telok Blangah Rd-Harbourfront-Kg Bahru-Telok Blangah Rise-Club.

    It's been ages since i last did this route.. I was in the 2nd grp with Ong, Wong, Divey, Alan Yeo, Johnny, Karen, TLH and Waifung. By the time we reached Queensway, the frontiers were already no where in sight! After the mosque, I looked out for the small white dog which scared me the previous time.. once bitten twice shy.. hahaha..

    My breathing was slightly heavy along Portsdown and felt my legs still arching.. Ong asked me to slow down... Soon we were out of Portsdown.. Ong went for a toilet break at the petrol station and I ran on.. Wong and Divey abt 100m ahead of me.. At the clementi road junction, as i was crossing the pedestrain junction, a black sports car horned loud at me! I was quite surprised and annoyed.. haha felt like scolding tt impatient driver... complained to Wong and Divey who were at the junction too.. Ong, TLH and Waifung also caught up shortly and we proceeded on to Ulu Pandan Canal together where we saw Benson n his fren doing their training.. We met up with Derrick, Alan Yeo and Johnny at Buona Vista junction..

    The weather was nice and cool.. Derrick joined us too and we had our 1st water break at Queenstown Shell station.. my watch clked 1.5hrs.. I was feeling abit tired by then.. recharged myself with some 100plus... shortly after we split up, Derrick n Wong sped up, TLH went back from Redhill, Divey and Alan from Depot road..

    Ong, me, Johhny and Waifung ran together.. Was geting quite tire out by then and legs were very heavy.. i was looking forward to e 2nd water break at Telok Blangah Shell Station.. the H2O was really refreshing.. we saw Anthony completed his MF n running back strong towards henderson road.. Ong told us 4 km to go.. along the way, Waifung headed back home and we slowly ran back to club.. felt my lower body arching badly after the run... did some good stretches with a recharging can of 100plus :D

    Distance covered: 21km __ Timing: 2:15:37

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home