• The Cheery Runner

    Thursday, April 13, 2006

    Labrador Hill - MF Hill

    Quite a huge turnout today... Today's route is Club-Depot Rd-Alexandra Rd- Labrador Hill - Labrador Park- Telok Blangah Rd-Harborfront-Kg Bahru-Morse Rd-Henderson Rd-Club

    Today I am planning to go easy for the run.. most impt is to complete the route that I have to do.. Eng hwa, Yean, Divey, Cm, Alan Chao, Dennis and me ran together along depot road.. @ Alexandra junction Alan left us for his MF speed training and we headed to Labrador hill.. I almost went in by the flat road until cm called me back.. up the hill.. haha.. puffing and huffing hard as i went up.. my legs were still arching.. took a quick sip from the cooler and cont'd the loop...

    Out of Labrador, Cm told me tt him, Yean and Divey will be gg up from Morse road.. asked if i gg to join them.. I shaked my head n told cm tt i gg up from Kg Bahru.. I have to finish wat I am required.. Wong waited for us at the traffic junction.. After the Henderson junction, Cm and Yean went up by Morse Road whereas Wong, Divey and me proceeded on to Kg Bahru.. She felt better and decided to join us :) I followed close behind Divey.. I tried to regulate my breathing and go easy..

    On the way up to MF, Divey asked me to go ahead.. Wong was ahead of us and ran up with ah kau who was doing his daily run @ MF... I continued my pace up MF.. the steep portion almost killed me.. was panting heavily and dragged my legs up in slow small steps.. really felt like giving up at the steepest part.. but convinced myself tt i am reaching soon.. dun give up! by the time i reached the peak where I saw CM, Yean and Wong.. my legs already wobbled.. and I lost control of them and was running in zig zag way.. haha cm tot i gg to collapse.. at tt moment i really tot i am gg to.. how i hoped that i have a can of 100plus then.. i just continued on and looking forward to the downslope for recovery.. We told Yean to wait for Divey and CM at the stairs b4 gg back to club as it was quite dark.. Dennis caught up and ran with us until the Shell station b4 he stopped and walk.. By the time i reached Henderson road, i was getting quite tired and just slowly run back to the club.. and did some stretching to loosen up my thighs...

    Really glad to finish the run.. this is the 1st time I ever completed this route.. :D

    Distance covered: 13km __ Timing: 1:30:47
    MHR: 198 __ Avg: 183

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home