• The Cheery Runner

    Sunday, April 30, 2006

    Super hot Sunday run!

    We started ard 7.20am.. Soon we reached zouk, I chked my watch ard 7.50am.. but din get to see Divey there.. Ong ran with me at the back till esplanade.. where all of them headed to the 2nd toilet.. I skipped the esplanade water pt.. was looking forward to the 100plus @ Clifford Pier.. when i reached clifford pier, the shops were closed.. as the pier dun operates anymore.. ah jialuk.. no water!... saw quite a no of ppl gathering ard the area.. heard from Divey abt the NTUC mini Biathlon which Anton n DO are joining.. din managed to catch sight of them... no choice, i had to run on.. i was feeling quite dried up by now as the heat starts to drain me out.. Near the SCH, I saw Chin and Chua.. Chin is heading towards the opp route to Marina south as he was late n Chua is supporting the event :)

    The stretch into Marina South was hot... The sunblock i applied seem to be ineffective in this heat.. I could feel sharp pain on my skin.. water water was the oni thing in my mind.. Saw alot of roller-bladers n cyclists as I ran in to Victor's bowl.. It really looks like an Oasis to me... I got a bottle of Sportsglade.. and the uncle asked me how's my run.. I told him I am shagged out lucky he open his stall haha.. he say tt's good.. hard training... *_*

    I slowly ran towards the U-turn pt of the Marathon route.. after the U turn then i realise there was no shade aft the Uturn pt.. i quickly hopped across the grass towards the same way i came which is totally covered by shade.. I saw Freddy after carpark B.. much later I saw Derrick, Jimmy, Small Chua and Ricci at the food center.. Ong, Wong and Laichee just got their drink at the same Mama shop.. I stopped and rested.. Laichee and Wong continued their run.. We slowly enjoyed the drink as we walked out of Marina.. Freddy and Derrick ran on back to the club..

    The rest caught up with us and we went on a 100plus search @ Keppel haha.. Luckily managed to find an indian shop near cantonment.. all was complaining of the heat.. The sun was glaring and hot along Keppel and Telok Blangah way, I picked up my pace and ran as fast as I could towards the shade @ Kampong Bahru... the guys also picked up pace and finally managed to reach the club at ard 11.. wow took >3 hrs for this run..

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home