• The Cheery Runner

    Thursday, April 27, 2006

    10K MF cum CM's Bdae Celebrations

    Today's route is specially planned to be shorter as we have a club function today! tt's our CM Birthday celebration after the run :D A new pretty lady, Sabrina joined us for our run too :)

    10km's Route: Club- Henderson Rd- Harbourfront- Kg Bahru- MF- Morse Rd- Harbourfront-Kg Bahru- TB Rise- Club

    Without much delay, Ong briefed the route and off we ran.. I haven't done this 10km for a very long time.. can't recall when's the last time i did too.. think at least 2 yrs ago... Just as we ran out to Henderson, Ricci came in doing his last 50m.. haha think he start off earlier n did a longer route..

    As usual, the front group were leading quite far ahead of us.. by the time we reached Seah IM FC, they were nowhere in sight.. CM, Adam, Divey, Yean, Yuen, Wong, Thomas, Sabrina n me were running together in e 2nd grp towards MF..

    We turned up to MF from Kg Bahru.. Maintaining a comfortable pace, I followed behind Thomas with Wong n Adam was just ahead.. Going up the steepest part is not as difficult as the previous 2 times.. dun pant tt hard and wobble like the last time.. I maintained the pace and managed to close up the distance with Thomas... We ran past the Hilltop restaurant n I breathed hard to recover during e long MF downslope..

    Having recovered from the long stretch of down slope, I increased my pace slightly n followed Wong's pace... soon we caught up with Adam.. Onseeing us, Adam increased his pace and we followed suit.. After the Muslim cemetery, Thomas took the lead for a while but gave up at Kg Bahru traffic light.. I was breathing quite heavily then but not wanting to give up.. I maintained a distance behind Wong and Adam.. At the last km, I gave it all out and sped all the way back to the club.. It was a good and fun run for me easy at the front and hard at the back.. I enjoyed the last stretch the most n took abt 18mins for tt.. Adam joked tt I was like a magnet following behind him.. haha.. when he see wong coming he relac abit, when it's me he quicken his pace.. hahaha i protested!

    Anthony n Divey recommended me their Ultraman socks which are really good.. gonna chk it out @ RL when the stocks are in! :D

    After the good stretches, 100plus and shower, we went to the restaurant n occupied the whole of it..haha.. Those who din make it for the run today turned up too... Teen, Laichee, Jimmy Tan, Freddy, Elaine, Akira, Alan Chao, Alan Yeo & Xiaolin, Alvin & frens, Chin Whatt.. We had a great makan session and the whole event ends with birthday songs and group phototaking :)

    Distance covered: 10km __ Timing: 59:30:85

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home