• The Cheery Runner

    Sunday, May 14, 2006

    Sentosa Cove - Marina South

    Today's route is to Club-Henderson Rd-Harborfront-Gateway-Sentosa Cove-Tanjiong Beach-Siloso Beach-Trail-Gateway-Keppel Road-Marina South-Keppel Road-Harborfront-Henderson-Club

    I went off an easy pace talking to William and Colleen for a while at the start.. We reached the gateway junction in abt 17mins...

    As I ran in to Sentosa Cove part, my lower back arches badly.. think due to the painting i did for my room on fri.. i even tho of Uturning back to club from there.. was quite low moral and the up and downs make me feel worse.. I can't wait to finish this part.. I signalled to Colleen to go up the steep slope which will lead up to Tanjiong Beach-Siloso Beach.. Colleen turned right n I decided to skip Tanjiong beach too.. I told her and William tt I heading for the 7-eleven.. and I got 2 bottles of H2O for 2 bucks while Colleen got a 100plus n William a mini curry puff.. I saw Ong running pass and asked if he wan some drinks.. he went ahead with Jimmy Chow slightly behind.. I gulped down one bottle of my H2O and felt much better.. think I am too thirsty earlier..

    3 of us cont'd on towards Rasa Sentosa.. and saw Adam ahead.. I did a short cut to the main route.. lucky to catch Adam in time to ask him to go into the trail.. as we normally run the main road due to poor visibility in the trail at nite.. Colleen n William tot i was lost.. haha cos i suddenly disappeared behind them and become in front... hehe.. colleen has good form today and told us tt she will wait for us at the end of the trail.. Anthony also came shortly.. I followed behind Adam n William.. at the end of the trail.. Colleen and Anton was waiting at the other side.. and I asked them to go over to the usual route out towards the gateway.. Anton proceeded ahead as he is doing the full route..

    When we reached the gateway, Chine, TLH, Freddy, Wong were already there... they ran past the musical fountain which is slightly shorter.. haha no wonder we din see them .. We had a short break at the gateway and i shared my 2nd bottle of H2O with the guys... some of us was thinking if we shld go to Marina South as it was getting hot.. Wong suggested to skip the Marina South portion n we'll U-turn after the water break @ Tanjiong Pagar Shell Station.. Freddy, Colleen, William and Adam decided to call it a day and headed back to club from Kg Bahru.. Only 4 of us (Wong, TLH, Chin n me) proceeded to Keppel road.. the weather heat was unbearable.. I ran towards every possible shade i could hide from the sun..

    As we approaches the Shell station, Chin and TLH din cross over.. Wong and I shouted for them to U turn, but they din hear us and ran further and further away towards Marina South direction... I got a bottle of H2O and drown it down my throat.. I was feeling very thirsty today.. think was due to the heat and i din drink sufficient yesdae..

    After the water replenishment, we exit from Shell and was jsut abt to head back the same direction to club.. an Indian passerby told us our frens have turned back to club.. think he saw us shouting and waving hard earlier to Chin and TLH.. haha..

    We crossed the junction and ran back the usual route along Keppel n PSA as this route is more shady.. we went back from Kg Bahru-TB Rise direction..

    Ong and Anthony did the full route! Wow 3 cheers for them! We waited for them and had a rewarding lunch at Cineleisure Cartel afterwards..

    Distance covered: 20km __ Timing: 2:14

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home