• The Cheery Runner

    Thursday, May 11, 2006

    16km - Botanic Garden

    Ong briefed us on today's 16km route: Henderson-TB Park-Delta Canal-Ridley Park-Botanic Garden-Farrer Rd-Magaret Drive-Delta Canal-Henderson Rd-Club

    By the time we reached Canal, the frontiers were already no where in sight.. Small Chua sped up to closen the distance with them.. and the rest of us enjoyed a comfortable pace along Canal.. When i was in Ridley park, i heard a fast "Pi bo Pi b" rythm getting nearer n nearer behind me.. it was Derrick.. wow he was fast man! caught up with us in such a short time as he was held up at work..

    Derrick, Yeun, Sok Hwa, Mr Chua, Wong and Uncle Lim were already at the BG traffic junction when i reached.. and we ran in together with me lagging slightly behind.. they were simply too fast for me.. As we reach to the inner part of BG, I saw Ong at the junction.. I ran on and saw the rest gathering at the toilet.. Kumaran asked me where is Ong.. haha.. think he very eager to con'td... I took a fast toilet break at Botanic garden.. cm, yean, Divey, Segolene n Yuen joined us shortly and we moved on to farrer road.. I was feeling slightly tired as I ran up towards Holland junction n slowed down my pace.. managed to catch a short break at the flyover junction..

    After traffic junction, Wong sped up a little at the up slope and I followed behind.. Segolene was just behind us when we turned in to Margaret drive.. I picked up my pace slightly and tried to maintain.. halfway thru, I saw Wai Man walking ahead.. maybe the frontiers' pace were too fast for him initially.. when he saw us approaching, he also started to run.. we crossed the traffic junction and reached the Delta canal.. Wong started to pick up pace again.. i pick up my legs and I followed suit... overtook Wai Man after the road crossing.. was breathing quite hard.. saw sok hwa n Mr Chua just ahead.. Wong turned in to Henderson road.. wow heng arh.. finally got some shortcut... abt 500m shorter... haha.. and we ran all the way until the Courts junction b4 i could have a chance to catch back my breathe.. just as the green man appear, Clare n TLH just crossed the pedestrain crossing and 4 of us sped all the way back to club..

    Distance: 15.5km __ Timing: 1:32:07

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home