• The Cheery Runner

    Monday, July 18, 2005

    Speed Work at Delta House Canal

    Woow I had rested for 5 days!!! Oh my goodness!! Had been busy with my hubby's convocation and functions last week, that I missed my Thursday run too... hahaha alot of excuses... Heard from our good friend, Anthony today that the Singapore Standard Chartered Marathon had opened in registration.. I quickly informed my hubby, Ong about the news and did our registration too! I will be going for the full Marathon.. hahaha really hope that I can do my 1st marathon before my wedding next year.. so no more excuses to skip training liao.. must work hard hard for my goal!! :)

    The training for today will be speed work. My hubby cum trainer, Ong told me that he saw a Delta Stadium from the Sports Council list.. so we will be doing our speed work there instead of the usual Queenstown Stadium.. we ran to the Delta Sports complex.. but there was no stadium at all.. so we ran to the nearby Delta Canal jogging park to do our speed works...

    The training program was 1st set of 900m followed by 3 sets of 400m. Ong started first in the first 3 sets. For the last set, I suggested to Ong for me to start 100m 1st and he was to chase me from behind.

    Set 1: 900m __ 4:21:45

    Set 2: 400m __ 1:39:79

    Set 3: 400m __ 1:39:32

    Set 4: 400m __ 1:38:52

    I ran my lungs out throughout the speed work. I am quite satisfied with my timing I did as I managed to maintain consistent timing for all the sets.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home