• The Cheery Runner

    Tuesday, June 28, 2005

    Short Fast Run - Jervois Road

    This is the 2nd last run at the club before the Ipoh Run. There are 2 routes- long or short. For those who decided to do long, a new route is introduced. Instead of the usual route towards Ridley Park, they will run in to Margaret drive - Swettenham-Grange road. This is about 13km. For me, I decided to do a short and faster pace run. The distance is 7km whereby we will U-turn at Jervois Rd and head back to club.

    We started off at 6.50pm. Teen and I did a little catch up on one another activites along Henderson road. My hubby, Ong accompanied me for the 1st 2km of the run before he was advised by Chairman to speed off to join in the front group. I managed to catch up with the front group at the traffic junction of Grange Road. As I turned to the Canal, I saw from afar that Kumaran was breaking away from the group... almost 100m ahead with Ong, Akira and the rest chasing after him. I enjoyed running along the Canal because the park just opened 2 weeks ago sowe can avoid taking the main road with heavy flow of vehicles. As I was keeping my pace and enjoy the surrounding with Wong, Adam and Colleen just ahead of me, I saw a dragon like shaped formed by the clouds which let me forget my hard breathing for a moment. The sight is really beautiful and drewing me towards it. Soon I reached the junction where Akira was waiting for those who wanted to do the short route. 5 of us, Akira, Chin, Colleen, Uncle Ah Kow and me did the short route. Colleen suggested to do a faster pace since we are doing a short one. I tried my best to run as fast as I can. So glad to make it back to the club almost breathless hahaha....

    Distance covered: 7km___Timing:41min13secs

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home