• The Cheery Runner

    Monday, July 11, 2005

    I did my PB today!!

    Today my hubby suggested to do a short fast run.. the usual 4km route from Telok Blangah-Harbourfront-Telok blangah.. we did a quick warm up and started @ 7.30pm... I started off a faster pace then my usual speed... i took a fast glance at my watch... 6 mins to reach the junction of Telok blangah road... this was when i spotted a familiar figure sitting on the pavement, it was Ah Kow, I called out for him.. he was tying his shoes laces..

    I maintained my pace, trying my best not to let Ong lead in front of me as I knew that would mean I had slowed down then resulting in lose confidence and slow down too... soon i reached Harborfront.. my watch clocked 10:30.... tt's was a timing I had not seen for a very long time when I did my PB @20:23 few yrs back.. I had a high chance to break my last PB so long I kept my pace... 1.8km more to go..

    At the last 200m, I knew my energy level was going down fast but the end point was just in front.. Ong encouraged me :"just a bit more.. run to your Personal Best".. I did it!!! The very 1st time I ran below 20mins, the feeling was so goooooood.. ;) After the run, Ong told me that was the fastest pace that he had ever seen me run... he was very happy for me too! =D

    Distance covered:4km __ Timing:19min 58secs

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home