• The Cheery Runner

    Thursday, July 07, 2005

    Recovery Run-Up Mt. Faber & Telok Blangah Hill

    Quite a number of runners turned up today. Just before the run, we were enjoying the pictures of Enghws's birthday and Chairman had taken with Wong and Adam during their Cameron trip. Haha can see he really enjoyed the trip with all the laughter as he talked about the trip.

    Today route is very shiong arh.. up the 2 hills at one go.. Ong was the last to arrive.. We started at 6.50pm... I ran with Ong for a short distance with Kumaran leading far away from the group... Haha I could sense the eagerness in him to pace with Kumaran. So I asked him to go ahead and enjoy his run.. Chairman, Adam and Jimmy teased me how could I let Ong ran so fast towards his "wife" (Mt. Faber) and left me behind... cos everyone knew that Ong love hills alot.. he love to run up and conquer them.. it's a great challenge to him...

    Soon we reach the foot of Mt. Faber.. Kumaran, Ong, Akira, Dennis and Colleen were right in front and they ran up from Kampong Bahru.. chairman guided the rest of us up through the side road (hehe a short cut).. I was the rabbit for a very short while before Tay Lee Huat, Sok Hwa and Anthony overtook me before the steep slope.. I was panting hard as I ran up and felt my legs weight a thousand tons.. I felt I was running on the spot almost like walking.. Ong overtook me halfway through the steep slope with Kumaran (who was breathing hard and turned back to smile at me)... I managed to reach the top almost dying already... i let my leg ran freely as I ran down the slope and recovered my breathing...

    As I ran up towards Telok Blangah hill, I could feel the triedness of my legs though the time clocked only 32mins.. I jogged up slowly and walked to the water cooler to get a grasp of water.. Then I saw Ong running up and he was also panting hard.. He did 2 loops at MF... we ran around the T.Blangah Hill loop and headed back to the club. It was quite a tough recovery run at both hills and physically my legs were really feeling heavy and tired up the slopes.

    Distance covered: 8km __ Timing: 47min55secs

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home