• The Cheery Runner

    Tuesday, June 21, 2005

    Gloomy run

    The group turnout was quite small, about 11 of us. The weather was rather gloomy today. Same as my mood. Maybe it's due to the long day and the skipped lunch. The dizzling stopped when we started our weekly run at around 6.50pm. The route is the same as last tuesday. Canterburry-Labrador. My dear hubby, Ong, suggested I ran a shorter route today and he plans to do a tempo run. He looks very energetic and enthusiatic with the run. During the run @ depot run, Ong, Chairman, Kuamran and Paul were leading quite far away from the group. When I reached the end of depot road, I signalled to chairman that I'm not going into Canterburry and he asked me to wait for them at Labrador park.... as I ran towards SAJC, I started to feel a sharp pain at the left side of my waist and seems like something is bouncing up and down. I tried to adjust my running pace and posture and think of other things to divert my pain. But I find it unbearable when I reach the junction to Labrador park. I was having 2nd thoughts if i should go into Labrador... I decided not to and walked with my hand holding tight to my left waist. I got this pain on my Sunday run @ the stadium too. I thought it was due to the late Sunday lunch but seems like it is not. I walk-a-jog back to the club, doing less than 5km. I felt very disappointed. My hubby, Ong, did great today. He, Kumaran and Paul were having lots of fun pacing one another. They did 3 rounds of Canterbury and 2 rounds of Labrador. From their expressions, all of the fellow runners enjoyed their run very much. I felt very proud of them and wished I was there too to join in the fun.

    2 Comments:

    • At 12:16 PM, Blogger The DreamRunner said…

      A banana an hour before the run should help u feel better next time.

      Keep on being Cheery, not Gloomy.

      Best Regards,

       
    • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Jaime said…

      Thanks! will try it out in my next run =)

      Hehehe no problem ;)

      Cheers,
      Jaime

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home