• The Cheery Runner

    Thursday, June 16, 2005

    Finally made it to the Esplanade

    I and my hubby, Ong started @ 6.56pm.. We were late today as I was tied up by work... Our fellow runners have started about 10mins earlier. Today's route is from Henderson all the way to Esplanade. Though I have ran this route several times.. but i have never make it to Esplanade.. normally i will U-turn @ Clark Quay and head back to club. Ong guided me a shorter path through Beo crescent so we can catch up with the rest. Soon we saw the group just ahead of us at Zion road. We managed to join in the qroup after Clark Quay bridge. My breathing gets abit heavier and my legs started to get tired.. must be due to the 3.5hrs visit to CommunicAsia @ expo earlier today as i walked through the exhibits from hall 6 - hall 1 - hall 6.. find it more tiring to walk than run.. hahaha

    I picked up my pace as we are approaching Esplanade cos water pt, Toilet is just ahead.. hahahaha.. To my surprise, I heard my name called @ the underpass of Nicoll Highway. It was quite dark then but I recgonised my gf's voice, Weifang. We stopped for a quick chat and ran towards the waterpt. I felt much better after taking a few sips and headed back to SAFRA.

    Along the way, i started to feel some pain at my heart again. I slowed down my pace and breath regularly to control. Soon the pain eased off. We ran back the same route we did earlier on. I am so happy to complete the whole route. It has been a rewarding run for me today :D

    Distance covered: 12km___ Timing: 1hr11mins53secs

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home