• The Cheery Runner

    Sunday, June 26, 2005

    Sunday Run @ Mt. Faber

    Today my dear planned to run the Mt.Faber route.. not the usual route tt we did during our weekly runs at the club. This is the last sunday run before the Ipoh International Run that we will be participating. The sky was quite cloudy when we started at around 3pm, which helped to shade of the glaring sun. After a short warmup session at the fitness corner, we started off our Sunday run at the traffic junction near the club.

    I started off with my normal pace along Henderson route. Soon we reached the Telok Blangah road, I felt strong physically and mentally. My mind kept telling myself tt I can do it. When we were reaching the bus stop of Habourfront, I was glad that people were kind to move in alittle to let us have some space to ran across except for a group of 5 guys just stood and blocked the whole pavement! I have to E-break and step down to the bus zone. Lucky there was no bus coming from behind if not I might have been hit. I was quite angry for a moment but thinking it was not worth to affect my mood for my run.

    I maintained my pace all the way past Habourfront to Mt Faber. We went up from the steeper side of MF. I started to breathe abit harder as I ran up MF with smaller steps. I was breatheless when i hit 3/4 of the steepest pt of the slope and walk up abit trying to catch back my breathe. The last time i ever ran this slope was more than a year ago. Ong is very strong as he ran up the slope. He always love MF, the challenge for him to conquer the hill. We ran to the cable car station, which is currently under renovation, for a short toilet break. Ong asked if I am ok with the pace as he timed tt I did 23mins for the 4km which is quite fast for me. But I felt good and we ran all the way down to MF and back to the route which we ran past early to Habourfront and to the usual ending point of our usual 4km/10km route. It had been ages since I last did this route and I am glad to finish feeling good without any pains tt i felt for my last 2 runs. Maybe it is due to the bananas that I ate 2 hrs prior to the run. I was feeling quite hungry after the 10km as I skipped lunch to do the run.

    Distance covered: 10km___Timing:57mins08secs

    2 Comments:

    • At 3:41 PM, Blogger mis_nomer said…

      Wha.. how do you run after skipping lunch? Very impressed. (came via sgrunners.)

       
    • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Jaime said…

      Hi mis_nomer,

      Hehehe cos I planned to run in the afternoon.. so just took a few bananas 2 hrs b4 the run instead of lunch.. :D

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home