• The Cheery Runner

    Tuesday, July 12, 2005

    A lonely run to Canterbury

    Quite a good turnout today.. The weather had been rainy these days... but that didn't dampen our moods to turn out for our wkly runs.. the turnout was good today... the rain stopped just before the run..

    Today route was Canterbury-Labrador.. I started off having a short chat with Jimmy about the large mail space that gmail provides and the advantages of it before running ahead to join Yuen.. I was running abit faster than my usual wkly run.. maybe due to my PB I did yesdae.. booast my confidence tt I can run faster.. hahaha... ahead of me, I can see my hubby, Ong running in the front group with Kumaran, Foo with Anton, Akira, Hock soon not far behind. Soon I reached the junction of Alexandra road and saw the front runners waiting at the traffic.. hmm good chance for me to go into canterburry with them.. I was breathing abit heavier due to the speed I had been running.. but I knew I still can go on.. I managed to cross the junction with the front group ahead.. but they were much too fast for me.. I just told myself I got to run my own pace... I saw Cm's group running up the slope when I exited from the small loop.. I was breathing real hard as I ran towards wincester loop, I had lost sight of the front runners.... suddenly I felt I have been running alone with the front runners in front and cm's group behind.... me somewhere in between them.. my legs felt abit tired and heavy.. I slowed down my pace as I headed out of Canteburry and headed straight back to club as I felt quite drained out from the earlier fast pace run at the beginning...

    It was only after the run then I realised that my yet to season GT1100 gave me a big blister on my left sole and I got to limp all the way for my nice bowl of cheng thng... :(

    Distance covered : 9km __ Timing: 56mins 11secs

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home