• The Cheery Runner

    Thursday, June 23, 2005

    Short Heavy Run to Labrador

    The weather was abit warm this evening. A few old time runners like Jimmy, Adrian and Melvin and Dennis were back. Our busy busy acc, Teen was back too. =D She was very busy with work lately and have not been coming down for run. Glad to see her back today. We had a short chat with Anton, who was having a sore throat today but that din dampen his mood to run. He looked very energetic and enthusiatic.

    The route for today is Labrador-MF/Habourfront.. Those who wanted to do long, will be gg for MF.. short will be to Labrador Park and back to club... that's what i planned to do today. I started off at the back of the group with Teen, Andre, Wong and Yen. I caught up with Chairman at Alexandra rd. As usual, he advise me to do my pace and stay light. As I was approaching the junction to the Labrador Park, I saw Eng Hwa group preparing to run across the traffic junction. I picked up my pace a little hoping to go through it with them and maybe get to skip the slope. But the traffic was heavy and the red man appeared very fast. I only managed to cross half of the junction. I turned back and saw Chairman behind me.. meaning no way to escape the slope this time. hahahaha... the fast runners knew tt those who spotted by/run with Chairman will definitely got to do the slope.. no wonder all ran so fast.. gone with the wind.. before Chairman can shout from afar "Up the Hill!" "Up the Hill" like on e Tuesday run.. hehehehe.... My leg started to get heavier as I ran up Labrador slope. I was breathing hard. One part of my mind was raising the white flag but I told myself.. No I must do it.. just a little bit more.. die die also must endure it. I was panting really hard as I tried to recover my breathe at the down slope. I saw Wong outside the toilet of the park. He skipped the slope and ran in from the other way. I felt really slow as I ran round the park. My legs were like having weights on them and I can hardly carried them. Even Jimmy teased me to stop "walking"... start "running" after he had finished the 2nd loop of the park with EngHwa, Sok Hwa and Paul. On the way out of the park, our doc, Adrian asked me why I am so quiet in our yahoo group lately... hahaha b4 I catch my breathe to answer him, he already far ahead. Soon Teen was beside me and we ran back to the club. It was a slow, heavy run for me. Felt I did better than Tuesday. So rewarded myself with a nice bowl of Cheng Thng and a good laughing dinner session after the run.

    Distance covered: 8km _____ Timing:52min

    5 Comments:

    • At 9:17 AM, Blogger The DreamRunner said…

      Sounds like you had a good run, and enjoyed it.

      Keep it up...the running and the laughing...hahaha

       
    • At 11:22 AM, Blogger The DreamRunner said…

      Take a look at this new community:
      http://sgrunners.blogspot.com/

       
    • At 5:10 PM, Blogger The Lonely Runner said…

      Hi! I was surfing around and saw your blog through the dream runner. I was wondering whether you would like to be added in http://sgrunners.blogspot.com.

      If you do, please leave a tag at the blog. I would be really glad if you do support this idea.

      Thanks! Keep on running!

       
    • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Jaime said…

      yes i enjoyed it more than my last run hehehe.. felt much better ;)

      Thanks for the encouragement! heheheh

       
    • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Jaime said…

      Hi lonely runner,

      Thanks for the invite... Yes i like to be added in the group. =D

      Thanks for the effort to gather all sg runners together ;) Keep it up! Can't stop running! hahahahha

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home