• The Cheery Runner

    Wednesday, July 20, 2005

    Short Hill Training up MF

    Training for today would be 3 sets of hill run up the steeper slope of Mt. Faber. My hubby cum trainer, Ong told me to do it at a slow pace.. take it as a recovery run as we had been doing fast running consecutively for the past 2 days. My thigh muscles were aching as we jogged to Mt. Faber..

    For the 1st set, I started at a normal pace up.. As I reached midway up the slope, I was panting heavily and my steps were smaller.. that has always been the toughest part for me cos it seems to be the steepest part all the way to the peak. Ong was about 50m ahead of me. As i reached the peak, my legs automatically ran in small fast steps and Ong was waiting for me at the pavilion.. my watch clocked 3min25secs...

    We took a short break at the pavilion and saw ah kow running up.. We had seen him during our runs for the past 2 days.... He told us that he runs up to Mt. Faber everyday... Ong encouraged me that I should look upon him as my role model.. nv complained about tiredness even when running up to Mt. Faber daily and somemore he is in his late 60s... really made me felt ashamed of myself with the complaints of my legs... :(

    At the foot of the slope, Ong decided to make it a last set as he was worried that my legs might not be able to take it for tomorrow run at the club.. I ran abit faster this time and finished it in 3mins15secs...

    It was considered a light workout today.. I guessed I need some time to adapt to train 5-6 times per week.. just hope what I have done and achieved so far is being appreciated....

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home