• The Cheery Runner

    Tuesday, July 19, 2005

    Margaret Drive- Swettenham - Grange Rd

    Today was a super rainy day.. but somehow the rain always manage to stop just in time for us to carry out our weekly club runs.. hehehe.. we had a huge group of runners.. about 18 of us with 2 new members, Leonard and Caroline.. soon CM (chairman) briefed us on the route.. we will be running to Margaret Drive- Swettenham-Grange Rd.. This was a new route for me as I missed out the last time...

    We started off with our warming up pace.. soon we reached Delta House Canal and this was where I saw my hubby, Ong breaking away from the group... hahaha seems like he missed his running companion, Kumaran to lead the run... Ong was already no where in sight when I managed to catch up with the front group in time to cross the traffic junction... I turned back and saw Andre din manage to cross the traffic... my breathing was abit heavy as I tried to keep up with Wong, Lee and Mr Chua along Maraget drive...

    The route was quite dark as there were no lights along the muddy trail.. i followed Wong, Lee and Mr Chua closely as I not sure of the route.. soon we reached a private estate with alot of nice big houses.. just before the long slope up... one particular house even have a guard stationed outside.. must be a "Big Shot" house.. hehe cos the guard carried a wary look as I looked in... i recovered my heavy breathing at the down slope and soon came to another trail which leaded us to a teak furniture house and then to an old army camp.. the camp was deserted and looked dark and errie to me with the weak moonlight.. The oni thing in my mind was to get out of there asap... Out of the camp, Wong signalled to me to turn right.. heheh short cut short cut... the route looks more familiar to me now... it is the usual route we ran to Botanic Garden.. but we did the opposite direction back to club at a faster pace...

    Distance covered : 11-12km __ Timing: 1 hr 13 mins

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home