• The Cheery Runner

    Tuesday, August 15, 2006

    Queenstown Track Intervals

    Wow we have a big turnout today! Abt 36 runners! Dream was telling me maybe they nv read the training program posted.. hahaha.. Dear briefed us on today's program and the whole big grp headed towards Queenstown stadium... As i am still recovering from my sun's fall.. I planned to go easy today.. I ran with Yean to the stadium.. We chatted abt my blog.. she just knew tt I blogged n was telling me how we got the energy n creativity to write! haha I told mine is oni average.. wait till she sees Dream's blog .. she sure will go WOW WOW WOW!! hahaha :D

    We ran at a comfortable pace and joined the rest at the tracks.. CJ, Phillip n Segolene joined us at the tracks as they drove to the stadium... Dear announced to all tt it is the last hard workout before next sun AHM.. 2 sets of 1.6km and 4 sets of 800m..

    I completed the 1.6km intervals below 8 mins but I could feel the strain on my both arms... my right elbow still hurts.. I dun have the power to swing.. n I felt drain out n coughed badly after each set.. As i proceeded on with the 1st set of 800m, I felt like giving up when I crossed the 1st 400m.. Cm shouted 1:46.. just 1 more rd.. I can do it.. I can only follow closely behind Uncle Lim.. dun have the power to overtake him at the last part.. just can't wait to finish the last 100m... I felt tt I had enuff for the day.. so decided to stop.. had slight stomach cramps n my hands felt jellied.. quickly drank the bottle of 100plus which Waifung had left for me.. n tong pang CJ's car back to the club after all of them had completed the sets..

    1st set: 1.6km -- 7:36:8
    1st lap - 1:56:8
    2nd lap - 1:53:8
    3rd lap - 1:53:0
    4th lap - 1:53:2

    2nd set: 1.6km -- 7:33:9
    1st lap - 1:56:2
    2nd lap - 1:48:8
    3rd lap - 1:54:5
    4th lap - 1:54:4

    800m: 3:36:8
    1st lap - 1:46:2
    2nd lap - 1:50:6

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home