• The Cheery Runner

    Sunday, June 18, 2006

    MF Challenge

    Today is the 1st MF Challenge organised by my dear. He always wanted to organise this event and planned to do it annually. with a time frame of 5 hrs, each member is encouraged to complete as many rounds of the 10km MF route as possible. :) Ong did the explanation on the route. It is the usual 10km route which start from: Club-Henderson- Telok Blangah Way-Harbourfront-Kampong Bahru-MF-Morse Rd-Harbourfront-Telok Blangah Rise-Club.

    We got our Xiao Sa, Jimmy Chow to provide drinks support for us.. Really appreciate ur efforts! Xiao Sa! While we are doing our 1st MF challenge, some of our runners (Divey, Dream, Lee and Uncle Lim) were also running hard at Phuket Marathon!

    1st Rd: 59:56
    Was feeling kinda drained n tired.. Rested for an hour to provide support to fellow members with Jimmy and Wong.

    2nd Rd: 1:00:03
    Yuen asked me to join him for his 3rd round.. and feeling some itchiness on both of my legs, i took a sip of 100 plus and ran off to join him :D He asked me to go ahead and do my own pace. I saw Small Chua at the 2nd busstop as I was running down Henderson rd.. managed to catch up with him at harbourfront. Soon I reached Kampong Bahru n told myself it's a very short steep slope up. just endure. felt better than the 1st attempt. soon it was all the way down of MF n I stopped for a 2 mins water break where Enghwa, Yean and Colleen were. at MF midhill carpark. I followed behind small chua and sped up out of Morse road all the way to the club.

    Really kudos to Goola n Laichee for their super endurance! Goola had a bad fall after her 2nd rd n she continued to complete another 2 rds with wounds over her arms n knees. Laichee ran barefooted in her 5th rd!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home