• The Cheery Runner

    Sunday, August 06, 2006

    Fort Canning

    As we ran towards Fort Canning from our usual route to Esplanade, Derrick was toking to me abt the incense powder he found at Fountune center which brings me good health n luck too! He striked 4-D yesdae!! haha so we gg to have free drinks after the run hahaha!!!

    We reached foot of FC in abt 32mins.. we din stop when we reached Legends.. for the 1st time I ever complete the 2 FC loops.. haha.. still feeling quite ok.. after the 2nd rd, we stopped for a quick drink from the water cooler.. gathered outside the restuarant n waited abt 5-10mins for Uncle Lim.. as he din appeared, we guessed he must have ran off to Esplanade..

    We cont'd our run... suddenly I felt my arms n legs can't moved.. n I found it hard to run on.. I told Kumaran to inform the front runners tt I am heading back to club.. As I passed fullerton, I saw a group of Chines tourists busy taking photos of the China Bank.. they spotted me and said loudly.. "She can't run anymore.." Hmmph was quite upset with the comments initially.. aiyah but dun care.. just wait till I get my energy drink n see how.. I bought 2 bottles of H2O from 7-eleven @ Raffles MRT.. big discount.. 1 for $1.50.. 2 for $1.65!! haha of cos i go for 2!! :P thinking I might be able to pass 1 to our runners when they ran past me.. =D

    I took my time to drink and waited at the Lao Pa Sat junction for a couple of minutes.. but none of our runners were in sight yet.. so I tot it will be a better choice to run on carrying the unopened H2O.. I felt much better after the H2O.. machiam like battery recharged haha.. I crossed over to Robinson Rd n ran past SIA Bdg, CPF Bdg, Temasek Tower, International Twr, passed the Shell, M Hotel n then Keppel Rd in a faster pace.. haha still thinking of the comment.. I cannot make it?? no way manz.. can't put myself down in this way.. I can do it!! hahaha

    Soon I past the Railway station.. still no sight of anyone.. the H2O is getting heavier.. think i better drink it to lighten my load.. at the junction of Telok Blangah way to harborfront/kampong bahru, I did ponder for a while.. which way shld i go?? normally i go back from kampong bahru direction tho Dear always state the route back is from Harborfront-Henderson.. just then i saw a male runner heading towards HBF dir.. ok set him as rabbit.. chase chase chase.. I saw Isabelle at the 1st busstop out of Sentosa.. she just finished her NB trial run.. i had a short chat w her n cont'd on my target.. I finished my last mouthful of H2O n saw the guy just ahead.. walking.. good chance to catchup.. I managed to close up the gap n all the way back to the club.. 3 feelings for this run.. Good Start, Intermediate Low Morale, Strong Finishing..

    Distance: 19km __ Timing: 2:09

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home