• The Cheery Runner

    Sunday, May 28, 2006

    Sunday Run to Esplanade-Marina

    Anthony and DO bought some new running frens today. Nice to meet up with IMD, Realrunner and Craig :D Waifung and Wendy also came.. Ong briefed us on the 36 km route : Hendersion- Tiong Bahru Park- Grange Rd-Zouk-Clark Quay-Esplanade-Marina Promenade (2nd Toilet)-Shenton way-Marina South (marathon route)-Keppel-Kampong Bahru-MF( 1 loop)- Morse Rd-Henderson Rd-Club..

    We started off @ 720am.. Bug was leading far ahead.. he was no where in sight when all of us reached Beo Crescent-Esplanade.. We have a comforatable pace until Zouk where the front runners start to break away.. I was with Goola, Waifung, Wong, Lee, Uncle Lim, Dream, IMD, Craig and Wendy as we ran to Esplanade.. I took a short water break @ Esplanade.. and we were split into 3 grps.. IMD, Dream, Craig, Uncle Lim, Waifung, Goola went ahead for the 2nd toilet.. Lee and Wendy decided to Uturn back the same route back to club.. while Wong, Colleen and I decided to head into Marina South..

    I was feeling quite thirsty as I approach LPS.. very tempted to buy drink from there.. think i din drink enuff yesdae.. as I ran errands at a couple of places... when i went in Marina.. my mind was all abt the MaMa shop at Victor's bowl.. just like an Oasis to me.. haha.. tt's the main source tt kept me gg.. Colleen asked if i can finish a bottle.. I told her Yes Yes! I severly deprived of water.. need to take the whole bottle.. haha :P it was really refreshing and I almost wanted to say Aarrhhh... as i gulped down the isotonic.. we cont'd on our run.. felt a slight stomachache when I ran past the steamboat stalls.. this is e 2nd time i encountered it after drinking sportade.. think i will either go for 100plus or H2O the next time..

    As we turned left at the 1st T-junction to the Uturn road, I heard footsteps behind.. It's Bug!! wah sey he on good form today.. the rest were no where in sight.. he proceeded with the Uturn and we waved good bye as we were heading str out of Marina from the short cut.. we then saw Uncle Lim and Goola... did a short explanantion on the route to Goola..

    The weather was very good.. nice and cool.. so happy to have the clouds to shed off the sun.. I took another water break @ keppel as Colleen n Wong waited for me before we ran back to club via Kampong Bahru @ a faster pace..

    Derrick managed to get back just in time b4 the big downpour!The rest of the runners were totally drenched.. Goola managed to make her way back from Marina b4 she was caught in the heavy rain which blinded her visibility @ Kampong Bahru..

    We had our nice Briyani rice and chatting session @ TB Cres mkt while waiting for the rain to stop..

    Distance covered: 20km __ Timing: 2:03:05

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home