• The Cheery Runner

    Sunday, April 09, 2006

    Shag out run @ Sentosa

    It was raining when I woke up.. wat a nice weather to hide under my cosy blanket on a Sunday.. but my legs still automatically head towards the club.. haha.. we saw some TP runners.. they were doing their long runs from MF Safra too but different route.. :)

    Today's Route: Club-Henderson Rd-Harbourfront-Gateway-Sentosa Cove-Tanjiong Beach-Siloso Beach-Trail-Gateway-MF-Morse Rd-Club

    We started off ard 730am.. as usual, we were split into 2 groups very quickly... I was running with Divey, Wong, Derrick, TLH and a new runner, Waifung.. We managed to catch up with the front group at the traffic junction towards Sentosa.. When we reached the gateway of Sentosa, there was no ticketing officer.. haha think we ran earlier than their working hrs.. I ran with Wong and Ah Y.. Derrick overtook us halfway along the bridge.. I managed to follow the pace set by Wong.. not knowing how long i could last in that pace..

    After the 1st slope in Sentosa, Wong asked me "Hui bu hui tai kuai"... haha think I pant too heavily.. My legs felt better after the recovery run on thurs.. I tried to recover on the downslope b4 heading into sentosa cove.. there were multiple ups and downs towards sentosa cove... By the time I reached the Satellite station, my breathing was even more heavier.. Derrick slowed down and joined us.. 3 of them were chatting along the way out of Sentosa cove.. I can't talk at all.. can oni reply in hand signs... Derrick teased tt I no breath to talk liao... haha..

    I started to feel shag as we head towards the beach.. energy tank running low... haha.. I told Wong I would skip Tanjiong beach.. Wong and Derrick went ahead.. Ong was at the junction guiding the direction to Tanjiong beach.. I took a quick break @ the 1st toilet.. was quite surprise when I went in.. seem like a big thunderstorm happened as the whole area was covered with sands, mud and branches...

    I told Ong I needed a drink badly... we grabbed a H2O from 7-eleven and jogged to Visitor Center where we waited for the rest to come.. soon the runners turn up and cont'd on to MF except Wee San, TLH and a new runner Waifung.. we were quite worried tt 3 of them might lost their way.. we decided to move on after waiting for 20 mins.. (got a drinks treat from Divey after the run.. haha thanks gal!) Ong and I went up MF from kampong bahru.. while Wong and Chin head back to club.. it had been sometime since I ran up the steep slope.. Ong told me to concentrate on my breathing.. I did a slow pace up with Ong encouraging me along the way.. :)

    We saw DO at the peak and he told us Divey had just headed back to club.. later then we knew TLH has leaded her out of Sentosa from another exit.. We told DO to go ahead as we walked down the stairs to club.. Overall it's a good shag out run for me.. :D

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home