• The Cheery Runner

    Thursday, March 16, 2006

    Discovery Run to Kent Ridge

    Today's route is Canterbury-Kent Ridge-MT Faber-Club... Cm will lead us to a shortcut from Canterbury to Kent Ridge.. haha he recce the route with auntie few days ago.. Keeping in mind to run at my pace, I focus on my breathing and steps.. At the end of depot road, my watch clocked 12 min plus.. cm and the front group waited for us and we went in to canterbury all together.. everyone was gg easy today.. cos we have to familiarise with the route for this sunday location run... we ran the opposite direction from the usual route.. Melvin performed the back running up the steep slope.. haha.. everything looks downwards to him.. next time must ask him to try speed work @ MF with back running hehehe... once up the slope, we had a short rest as cm briefed us the 1st phototaking spot... my breathing was abit heavy by then... i breathed in hard and deep and ran on.. soon we reached the trail route along Normanton Park, we slowed down and looked out for the branches.. I did this route once quite a long time ago.. and have to jump over the drain.. but now there is a mini bridge and lead us out to Kent Ridge Park...

    At the peak of Kent Ridge, we took a quick break and Cm briefed us on the 2nd photo taking location .. at the Canon.. We will skip MF for tonight.. as we planned a surprise Birthday celebration for our Dreamer, Anthony.. hehe.. Along the downslope of Kent Ridge, Ong told me tt my footsteps are not in rythm.. can hear the shagness from them... and we slowed down to get the rythmic pace... I tot about the good running form I read earlier.. and felt it much easier to run and conc.. it really does help in keeping me *focus focus*

    The jam was very bad along Pasir Panjiang due to an accident at Alexandra/Telok Blangah Way junction.. Two lanes were blocked... A TP was talking to the drivers as we waited for the greenman.. As we approached henderson road, we saw Anthony ran towards MF direction.. haha good good so we have time to prepare.. There was a strong burning smell as we approached the junction... alot of pipes were on the floor.. seem like a big fire broke out during the day... i felt uncomfortable with the smell and pain in my adominal.. I told Ong.. walk back walk back.. he say no! u must finish.. take the last busstop as the target.. i got to overcome the weak mind.. just think how i did my marathon.. each small step to the finishing pt.. else it will be a dishearted run for me again.. I am glad i finished it! thanks dear!



    The birthday preps were done just in time b4 Anthony came back from his run.. we sang, took pictures and enjoyed the after run session with cake and 100 plus! Anthony, Happy Belated Birthday :D


    Timing: 1:14:23

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home