• The Cheery Runner

    Tuesday, April 04, 2006

    Intervals @ Queenstown

    It has been raining heavily in the afternoon for the past few days.. but that din affect the turnout today.. the sky was cleared by the time we reach the club..

    Planning to check out the accuracy of my footpod, I put on my wearlink n footpod.. just to play safe, i bought along my teardrops with me this time.. As usual, I started with my easy pace.. I felt good as I ran and went abit faster during the 4km warmup to the stadium.. I checked my watch at Alexandra junction.. 17min plus.. Anton told me I seem to run faster after my lasik.. no specs so less burden haha... 26 mins to reach the stadium..

    We rested for a while as Ong briefed us on e intervals.. It will be 5 sets: 42211.. My timing are as follows:

    1st Set: 1 mile ; 4 x 400m
    Timing: 8:01
    Max HR: 201 __ Avg HR: 195

    2nd set: 800m ; 2 x 400m
    Timing: 3:55
    Max HR: 203 __ Avg HR:196
    1st rd 1:57.. 2nd rd 2min... felt tired at the 2nd rd... heartrate 185.. decided to skip the next set...

    3rd set: 800m ; 2 x 400m
    Skipped - dripped teardrops to both eyes..

    4th set: 400m ; 1 x 400m
    Timing: 1:37
    Max HR: 199 __ Avg HR:194
    heartrate after the run: 199!! :O tt's exceeds my max already!! felt a sharp pain at my right ribs... slow jog, coughed and breathe hard to recover...

    5th set: 400m ; 1 x 400m
    Timing: 1:37
    Managed to recover fast enuff from the previous set.. heartrate b4 start of run: 162... felt the heaviness of my thighs after the 1st 100m.. like 2 heavy logs.. sensed my speed dropped at the last 100m...

    By the end of the last set, i felt the tightess on both of my thighs.. and my calfs jellied.. as we jogged back to the club, i could feel my lungs pumping hard at my ribs.. wow haven been running like tt for sometime already... altho breatheless but the feeling was good! I took abt 27mins back to the club..

    Ong was very surprised with my timing today.. me too! :O Anton and DO said i looked fresh even after the run.. maybe i rested alot after the lasik... i also dunno.. must go and find the reason.. hope to maintain this type of form.. hehe :D

    2 Comments:

    • At 3:58 PM, Blogger The DreamRunner said…

      good workout Jaime...

      and 1:37 for 400m is very fast... congrats on your new found clear vision!

       
    • At 4:53 PM, Blogger Jaime said…

      Thanks Dream!

      haha tt's the fastest i ever did since 6 yrs ago... no more sliding and pushing up of specs..

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home