• The Cheery Runner

    Tuesday, March 14, 2006

    Short Run cum Core Training

    Our club seem to have grown quite abit over this period.. >20 runners turn up... Our old timers, Jimmy Tan and Mr Foo back with us too.. haven seen them for quite a while..

    As usual we gathered at the lobby with CM and Ong briefing us on the route and the location run this sunday... Today's program is a short run (~8km) with core strengthening exercises.. Do complimented tt I slim down... haha.. quite surprise and gave him disbelieving look which triggered Anton to have a laugh from my expression.. haha but girls lah.. hear ppl say slim liao.. inside sure happy happy.. haha thanks DO! felt i put on weight instead cos eat more than i run.. kaka..

    At the start, had a short chat with jimmy and enghwa abt my new job.. saw Ong slowed down due to his collateral injury and gout.. thinking he will catch up with my pace, i ran on.. after a while, i looked back and waited for him... he signalled me to continue from afar.. was kinda worried and looked back a couple of times but he was nowhere in sight... Along Alexandra road, Cm chat with me as we ran and i realise i can't replied back.. i have problems with my breath.. felt i can't breathe normally and nothing came out tho i wanted to say something.. instead i have to use hand signs to tell him.. haha..

    by the time we reach harbourfront junction, i felt quite bad.. i couldn't catch my breathe.. cm and divey mentioned abt the haze.. i also not sure but was feeling kinda tired this wk due to new wk hrs and some health issues.. maybe still at the adapting phase... i slowed down my pace and cm waited for me.. after kampong bahru, i signalled to cm tt i gg by TB crescent and ask him to go ahead without me... as i decided to stop.. i couldn't talk much too along the way back to club.. just listen and gave short replies/hand signs...

    once at the club, i quickly drink from the cooler station.. took quite a mouthfuls of it b4 joining the rest for the core session... managed to recover later and got back to my cheery self... is this mood/physical swings?? haven been running well for the past wks.. :(

    2 Comments:

    • At 8:16 AM, Blogger Run HappyFeet said…

      Hello cheery,

      Now, that i m in deep troubles with many gergers when i made comments abt the "weightie" issue!
      I shall not keep veri silent on this subject.

      BTW, I sincerely think u are very lean n fit meimei.... pls do not lose sleeps or worry over my inconsistent mindless remarks...

      Just be yourself, Happy n Cheery all the time!!

      Cheers!
      DO the Moron

       
    • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Jaime said…

      Hi DO!

      Hahah no worries, just teasing u on the remarks! Actually they are quite motivating from "put on weight" to the recent "slim down".. hehe

      I am always cheery @ the makan cum gossiping session.. haha!

      Wow now ur training very packed up.. CLimbation, Marathon etc :D Must be very enjoying hehe :D

      Cheers,
      Jaime

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home