• The Cheery Runner

    Tuesday, October 04, 2005

    Kent Ridge

    I got my Sgrunners Tee and Badge from Anton :D Swee swee... hehe gg to wear it tml... Today's route will be to Kent Ridge Park.. will be doing 2.5 loops there and then back to the club... Yean recovered from her stomach flu and is back with us... We also got 2 new members joining us, Seet and Patric =)

    We started at around 6.50pm... Just 100m from the start, i could feel the stitch... maybe due to the banana I ate at 5plus... was busy with work in the afternoon and almost forgot to finish my banana I bought during lunch.... I ran at an easy pace and after a short warmup, the stitch gone by itself... I reached Alexandra road in about 11 mins plus.. abt 6min/km pace.... I had a nice chat with Anton along the way to Portsdown... Once into Kent Ridge park, Ong guided us to run up from the gradual slope side.. this slope is gradual and longer as compared with the other steeper and shorter side which we will be running down... just on the way up, we saw Alan and Derrick running down... Anthony paced me throughout the 2.5 loops and advised me how I should run at different parts of the slope... go easy, smaller strides, bend slightly forward, recovery... all these helps to keep my pace good and steady... by the 2nd round, i could feel abit tiredness in my legs.. but manage to 'tong' the way up... and built on my endurance.. could still recall the last run at Kent Ridge.. i was almost walking up at the 2nd round..

    We saw Wong at the end of the slope and informed him that we are heading to the peak... on the way, we saw Alan and Derrick ... they looked abit lost and the 1st thing Derrick said upon seeing me was "slow down, slow down.. she is very chuan"... I was recovering my heavy breathing from the earlier slope.. Anthony and Alan told him I was ok.. better stop talking to me.. hahaha.. i had no more breathe to reply him... and ran to the toilet for my water break... when I was done, I joined Anthony, Alan and Bernard.. Alan commented on my running posture and estimated that I could be able to do a sub 5 for my marathon... hahaha hope I could do that... provided no leg cramps nor any walking... hehehe :D soon Ong called out for us to gather.. and derrick was already at the Cannon waiting for us... the rest had already headed back to club....

    I was quite surprise to see a big group gathering and heard that they travelled around running and drinking.. they cheered for us.. as we ran past them to the wooden bridge and all the way back to the club along Pasir Panjiang Rd-Telok Blangah Rd-Henderson Rd...

    Distance covered: 13km __ Timing: 1:18:28

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home