• The Cheery Runner

    Sunday, September 25, 2005

    Nice Cool Run to Jalan Kayu/Fernvale

    Ong and I arrived at Yishun Stadium at around 6:35am... We changed to our gear and met up with Anthony and Wong.. Kumaran arrived shortly after in cab.. Colleen called me and told me tt she and Adam will be slightly late... they arrived at Yishun carpark.. we started our run at ard 7.15am.. :)

    The weather was nice and cooling.. I could feel the cool breeze as we headed towards lower seletar reservior... Ong set a slow pace of 6min/km... hahah as usual.. Kumaran led in front.. but was held back at few pts as he was new to the route... we reached the 5km mark in abt 30mins.. I was quite comfortable with the pace.. then we ran past Seletar country club and then the outskirts of the Seletar basecamp... the group waited for me at the entrance of the Seletar bascamp.. before we headed towards Jalan Kayu together.. we past by the famous Roti Prata shop.. did a loop at Fernvale estate and headed back.. we stopped at the petrol kiosk for a short water and toilet break.. I hydrated myself with some 100 plus and we moved on... we turned in to Seletar basecamp.. there was no shade inside the camp... luckily it was quite cloudy... we stopped for another short water break at Seletar Dam.. i was feeling abit tired and slowed down my pace a little... i could see the rest getting further away from me.. Ong companied all the way back and we caught up with Adam at the last traffic junction before reaching Yishun Stadium... I did some cool down stretching and had my refreshing drink of 100 plus with compliments from Kumaran and Adam... :D

    It was a nice Sunday run for me :D Anthony headed back home after the run.. for the rest of us, we had our shower and went to Jalan Kayu to enjoy our Prata brunch :D

    Distance covered: 20km __ Timing: 1:58:47

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home