• The Cheery Runner

    Thursday, September 08, 2005

    Weekly Run: Canterbury - Labrador

    Today is the last run before this sunday AHM... I started with an easy pace.. not wanting to overstrain or injure my leg before the race... it's been sometime since i last ran this route.. As usual, the frontiers were well ahead of us when we reached Alexandra.. I crossed the junction with Cm, Colleen, Yean, Adam, Andre, Jimmy Tan, Sok Hwa, Chua and Lee... when I ran in to Canterbury, I could feel my breathing getting heavier as I ran with Chua, Lee and Jimmy.. as I ran into Wincester loop, I saw Cm and Yean running in the opposite direction.. they skipped the smaller loop earlier as Yean wanted to taper off for the AHM.. soon my pace and breathing got heavier as I exited from Canterbury to Alexandra... my energy level seem to run low at a tremendous speed... I could hear the heavy steps and Andre overtook me and went ahead to join Colleen... I was dragging my feet and got the urge to do a shorter route instead.. but I knew I couldn't.. keep telling myself.. be strong in mind... else this will greatly affect my run in sunday.. I might not be strong mentally to complete... before I realised it, I caught up with the rest at the junction to Labrador...

    Halfway into Labrador, I saw Ong running out already.... I almost wanted to turn back with him... Inside my mind, I told myself I can do it.. just one loop inside.. must recover my pace and breathing.. it's ok to be last but I must complete it! In the park, I saw Anthony doing his rounds and went ahead to join Colleen and Adam... I took a quick grasp of water at the water cooler and ran on... I took an effort to maintain my posture and found that it helped my breathing and increase my pace abit... I managed to closer the distance with Yean, Colleen, Anthony, Adam and Cm on the way out of Labrador... Once the greenman appears, all of us ran back towards the club.. I managed to recover some strength and ran back at a faster pace...

    Distance covered: 12km __ Timing: 1:19:41

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home