• The Cheery Runner

    Tuesday, September 13, 2005

    Hill Repetitions @ Telok Blangah Hill

    I was abit late today... reached club at around 6.40pm... I quickly change and met up the rest at the lobby... Wow we have a big turnout today...about 22 in total... quite surprise cos today's training is speedwork... We have a new member from Sgrunners, Bernard.. Laichee and Derrick also joined us today =)

    We ran at a jogging pace towards Telok Blangah Hill and went up from T.Blangah Heights... After a short rest, Ong gathered all for the start of the Speedwork... there will be 6 sets and each set is 1km.... target time is to do a 5min/km pace.... we were split into 2 groups... those who did below 2hrs for AHM will be allocated in the 2nd group... between each set will have 2 mins rest interval...

    For the 1st 3 sets, I managed to maintain close to 5min pace.... and gave whatever I could... At the 4th set, I could feel the stitch halfway up the slope of the small hill and I started to feel abit dizzy... I slowed down my pace a little and breathe hard to catch back my breathing... For the 5th set, I started off slower.. just maintained my speed as I ran up the slope and recover my breathing as I ran down slope... my pace was slower than the earlier sets... I gave the last set a miss as I knew my body had enough for the day...

    1st Set : 5:11:18
    2nd Set : 4:57:48
    3rd Set : 5:07:41
    4th Set : 5:22:08
    5th Set : 5:28:39

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home