• The Cheery Runner

    Tuesday, September 06, 2005

    New Route to Sentosa

    Today quite a number of regulars have turned up and a new member, CJ... we will be running the new route to Sentosa which Ong and I recce last nite :) Ong gave a short briefly on the new route and the pace will be 6-7min/km.... It will be Club- TB Rise - Kampong Road- Sentosa(Gateway Ave-Artillery Ave-Allanbrooke-Beach Walk- Siloso Beach- Siloso Rd-Musical Fountain- Cinemania-Gateway Ave)-Kampong Rd-TB Rise-Club....

    We started off promptly at 6.50pm... I was running at a comfortable pace and chatted with Yean along the way... Once we reached the departure center in Sentosa, Kumaran, Chin and Wee Haur eagerly sped up the slope ahead.... leaving the rest a distance behind... but the 3 of them had no choice but to wait at the junction for us to guide them the way.. Ong told them to slow down as today pace is slow.. 6-7min/km.. and Ong is persistent in maintaining that as promised in the training program... we stopped over for a short water break at the last toilet of Siloso beach, I din take any as I was feeling quite fresh and good so far.. once we reached the main road, Kumaran sped off in front.. and was called back to wait for the rest... i was somewhere in the middle of the group and felt that my pace was much faster as I also tried to guide them along.. once we reached the end of Siloso road, I ran ahead to guide the route through the musical fountain to cinemania.. and asked them to stop over at departure center to wait for the whole group...

    I slowed down my pace on the return route back to the club.. hahah no more energy already.. all my bananas taken earlier have been burnt out.. so i ran in a slower pace to burn off my fats.. kekeke... Once back to club, Ong told me that the distance is 12.5km.. 2km more than yesdae... and the difference in timing is 7mins.....

    Distance Covered: 12.5km __ Timing: 1:16:40

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home