• The Cheery Runner

    Thursday, September 15, 2005

    Kent Ridge Park

    Menu for today is 2 loops in Kent Ridge park followed by a Mooncake dinner at CM place :) We started off at around 6:50pm.. When I past DSTA, I saw Ong and Kumaran already at the other end of the slope.... I did a warm up pace and ran with Yean, Cm, Melvin and Colleen... :)

    At the AIA junction, I followed Colleen, Wong, Jerry and Sok Hwa and crossed the road with the rest following suit.. I ran in Portsdown in the usual route with Sok Hwa, Chua and Eng Hwa.. while Wong Colleen, Jerry ran in thru another route... reaching the railway track, we realised that some maintenace seem to be going on.... as we almost have to climb over the track... contantly, i reminded myself to keep a staight posture as I din realise that I ran with a hunch back until I saw my picture taken during the NB trial.. Adam and Yean joined us at the traffic junction to Science Park and saw Wee Haur... We ran up the longer slope and saw Ong, Alan, Derrick and Kumaran... they were going for their 2nd round.... I saw Anthony followed by Akira, Melvin and Bernard on my way down for another loop... on the 2nd loop up, i am already a distance away from Eng Hwa they all.. and I was panting hard.. my steps so small tt I felt I am almost walking.... but glad to reach the peak.. as I ran towards the other park, I realised some birds were flying in high speed over my head.. only after the run then I knew they were BATS!! cos one of them dashed to Ong's chest and drop on the floor.. *gosh* :o

    I joined the rest at the other park and took a short break to recover my breathing.. i missed out that water point as had to walk a distance away and most of them have came back from the toilet break... soon we gethered together and headed back to the club... by the time I reached Pasir Panjiang road.. i could felt the dryness of my lips and throat.. I need water... but I am already the last runner.. hence I din stop over at the Caltex Kiosk... I ran on.. then Wong overtook me from behind.. alamak.. he must had went for the water break... aiyah shld have gone too.. tot all had ran ahead... I managed to close up the distance with Yean group and crossed the junction with them... told Wong and Yuen that I needed water badly.. and I stopped over for a super quick water break.. i felt recharged from the drink.... and we ran at a much faster pace back and caught up with Yean group...

    After the shower, we had a great Mooncake dinner and get together session at Cm's place... I enjoyed a nice share of Curry chicken with bread and many other dishes.. hehe yummy yummy :D

    Distance covered: 12km __ Timing: 1:13:20

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home