• The Cheery Runner

    Thursday, September 22, 2005

    Speedwork @ Queenstown

    Quite a few regulars din turn up today.. we started promptly at 6.45pm.. and reached Queenstown Stadium in about 24mins... we were quite surprise to see Alan.. he had already done some warm up laps.. once everyone had gathered, without any further delay, we started with our speed session.. 7 sets of 800m... according to the training program, the intensity will gradually increase as to prepare ourselves for the coming marathon...

    This time round, I tried something different from my usual running style... I tried kicking my leg high and keep my posture straight.... this naturally increased my speed and opened up my stride... for the 1st 2 sets, I din felt much strain in my breathing after each set.. not panting as hard.. during the 3rd and 4th set, i could feel the strain on my thighs.. and my legs getting tired... need to use more energy than the 1st 2 sets... and my breathing also much harder... when Ong called the 1st grp to run the 5th set... i was still catching my breathe... i tried to run in the same pace as the 1st 4 sets... when i past 200m, i could feel that i am breathless and my legs automatically slowed down very quickly... i ran to the side of the track and breathe real hard to stabilise... and coughed real hard.. tho I din complete the full 7 sets, i am overall quite satisfied as i did 20 secs faster than my previous few speedwork and able to maintain consistent for the 4 sets I did... even Ong is amazed when he read the timing from his watch.. :)

    1st set -- 3:44:93
    Lap 1 -- 1:53:15
    Lap 2 -- 1:51:78

    2nd set -- 3:45:38

    3rd set -- 3:45:47
    Lap 1 -- 1:49:45
    Lap 2 -- 1:58:02

    4th set -- 3:48:38
    Lap 1 -- 1:50:75
    Lap 2 -- 1:57:63

    3 Comments:

    • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Muggs said…

      Wow!! Cheery!! You run at Queenstown too?? I used to run there a lot when I was working around that area.

       
    • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Jaime said…

      Hi Muggs, :D yes i do.. hehehe.. normally have speedwork there kekek.. so do u still run there? :)

       
    • At 2:42 AM, Blogger Muggs said…

      hmm.. not really. No car, quite difficult to put my stuff.. So, now, mainly around where I live.

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home