• The Cheery Runner

    Sunday, August 14, 2005

    Sunday Run

    I went to club alone today.. My hubby Ong was sick.. Quite a few Sunday regulars turned up.. We had a new runner, Chris, with us from Sg runners... Cm proposed to this run weeks ago... The full route will be from Club-Portsdown-Ulu Pandan Canal- Nus-West Coast Park - Pasir Panjiang-Club.. Ong had estimated the route to be about 30km...

    We started off at 7.05am.. I ran at my own pace.. at portsdown, we saw Chris and Hock soon leading the front patch.. and Anthony was joking that Chris din knew that HS is the rabbit for today's run... hahaha.. as there was still a long way to go.. Soon I reached the end of Portsdown.. cm waited for me and also looked out for Andre.. he was no where in sight... cm think he must have U turn back to club.... so we ran on to our 1st water pt at Buona Vista MRT... I was the last to arrive and my time clocked 45 mins.... I hydrated myself with mouthfuls of tap water and joined cm and yuen outside the toilet.. the rest had already continued towards the Canal...

    As I ran in to the entrance of the Canal, I saw a familiar face.. It's Benson!! wow I last seen him at the SG Marathon.. almost 8 mths ago.. he asked about Ong.. and when I told him Ong was sick.. he alamak.. hahaha.. a very friendly and funny friend.. :D I ran on to join cm and yuen.. after a short while, I felt very thristy... and my pace was abit slower... but managed to maintain about 50m from cm and yuen.. wow it had been ages since I ran along this Canal.. it seem so long and never ending.. was really glad when i saw cars along the main road.. meaning I had reached the other side of Canal.. hehehe... cm passed me his bottle.. and I got a big gulp.. hahaha..

    We crossed the AYE bridge and reached NUS.. the sun was out and shining bright.. lucky I got my cap with me to shade my eyes.. I lowered down my head and slow jogged as I felt a sharp pain near my adominal.... maybe due to the medication that I had taken these few days... I felt quite tired by now.. and cm got me a can of 100 plus from the prata shop.. I told cm I wanted to head back to the club.. I told cm to move ahead as I ran at a slower pace with fingers crunching my fists.. I was trying to adapt to the pain as cm told me too.. as I might encountered the same problem during the marathon...

    At Science Park II, Cm got me a bottle of 100plus from the petrol station.. I finished almost 3/4 of it before I passed back to him.. and he said that I was really very thirsty.. halfway through, I couldn't take it anymore.. and we took a bus back to the club from pasir panjiang road...

    Distance covered: 14km__ Timing: 1hr 35 mins

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home