• The Cheery Runner

    Tuesday, July 26, 2005

    Kent Ridge Park

    The weather seem to have changed for July.. was rather rainy instead of the usual hot season during this period in Sg... We had quite a big turnout today... alot of runners were back, with Paul from Korea, Colleen from Auzzie and Anton from Thailand... hmm time for me to plan for a short holiday too hahahhaha.... =P

    The route for today was Portsdown-Kent Ridge Park-Pasir Panjiang.. It had been sometime since I last did this route...We started off @ 6.50pm.. along Depot road, I shared with Eng Hwa about the importance of eating after each workout which Ong had told me earlier.. felt panting as I talked... hmm think I was not used to talk and run at the same time in that pace.. hehe... At queensway junction, the traffic timer down counted to 5 secs... I followed Eng Hwa and dashed across the road.. We ran into Portsdown with Andre, Colleen and Jimmy and soon reached the newly built flyer over to Science Park 1.. With Eng Hwa and Colleen leading, Andre and I ran towards Kent Ridge where as Jimmy waited for Chairman group at the flyover.. it was getting quite dark as we reached Kent Ridge.. We ran up from the left side and met up with Mr Chua and Sok Hua on their way down.. they were doing another loop... I saw Jimmy, Wong, Francis, Adam and Chairman at the merge of 2 slopes.. they ran up from the right side which was the steeper route... I ran into the inner part of Kent Ridge and saw Wong who gestured us to turn to the wooden bridge.. This was my 1st time running the bridge.. the night view along the bridge was very captivating.. It was down slope all the way to Pasir Panjiang road and I just let my legs free to run as I thought how tough it would be if I were to run that way up.. hahaha..

    Out at Pasir Panjiang, I followed Wong pace and caught up with Lee and Francis.. that was quite a fast pace for me.. I could feel my leg opening up and faster stride too.. my breathing was quite stabilised... the road along Pasir Panjiang was a killer as alot of roadworks are undergoing... After the junction of Alexandra, Wong and Lee took the lead with Francis at a faster pace ... I was about 50m behind them when they turned to Henderson road. The last 400m was the most interesting.. Wong was following very very closely behind Francis and me behind Wong... I geared up my speed and ran past Wong and Francis.. hahaha.. Wong ran onto the road and sped up too.. then I overtook Andre with Wong.. which I think taken him in surprise.. cos at the final 100m, he also sped past me.. I was already at my high speed... too short and no point to run pass him... I ended my run with a good pump to my heart...

    Distance covered: <12km __ Timing: 1hr 08min

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home