• The Cheery Runner

    Monday, August 01, 2005

    Short 4km Run

    My hubby, Ong was caught in the traffic jam at AYE and was home later than usual. By the time we changed into our gear, it was around 7.30pm... We planned to do a short route today.. 4km run to habourfront and back to Telok Blangah. My hubby's old injury came back again.. he told me to run "cho cho li"--- meaning slowly in Korean.. hahaha he had been crazy about the korean "Marathon" movie based on a true story of an autistic child completing a full marathon in 2hr 57min.. very nice and touching movie...

    I started off abit slowly .. just let my legs did the running since it was a down slope.. once we reached Telok Blangah road, i had already warmed up and started to increase my steps.. we had to stop at the red light of Morse road.. and this was when Ong told me.. "cho cho li, cho cho li" hahaha.. but my legs dun listen to me... i just continued on with the faster pace and breathing... when we past the 2.4km mark.. Ong said "cho cho li" again.. my legs just ignored him.. and ran even faster in pace to the end... My time clocked 20min 57secs.. almost 1 min slower than my PB...

    At warm down session, Ong still complained that I didn't listen to his "cho cho li".. hahaha.. I told him.. his "cho cho li" is considered fast for me as he usually do 20min for his slow 4km run.... so correct lor.. hehehe

    Distance covered: 4km __ Timing: 20mins 57secs

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home