• The Cheery Runner

    Wednesday, August 03, 2005

    Fitness Test @ Gombak

    When my hubby and I reached Gombak stadium at around 6:35pm, we saw Anthony and Jimmy doing their warm up laps. Melvin joined us shortly after... We had registered for the Conconi test organised by SAAA and Polar.. we were required to run 2.4km around the stadium and measure our anaerobic/lactate threshold.. we were quite surprised to see alot of people running on the track.. this is the training ground for SAAA athletics... quite a number of national runners were training too...

    Soon we met up with William, SAAA official and Adrian, GM of Polar.. There were 9 people taking the test.. 5 of us from MF Safra and 4 others from public... Adrian gave us a short briefing about the Conconi Test.. this test is normally done on a threadmill.. so he can easily adjust the speed for the testee to run so as to determine the lactate threshold more accurately... because we are very fast in the 1st few laps of the 2.4km and slow down at the last few laps.. so it will be just a normal 2.4km test today.. Each of us were given a Polar S610i.. this was the 1st time I ever wore a heart monitor strap.. was quite amazed how the heart rate is being detected... hehehe...

    We were taught on the basic functions and moved on to the start pt... Ong sped off with the group following close behind.. I am the only gal taking the test... so maybe will be the last one.. hahaha.. Past the 1st lap, an official remained me to press the lap button... soon I managed to overtake a young boy.. should be in his teens... haha good chance to be the 2nd last instead.. hehehe.. Past the 3 lap, I felt the heart strap abit loose.. was worried for a moment that it would drop off.. so I just expanded my lungs to keep it in place... Ong overtook me shortly after my 5 lap... his final lap... I did it in 11:44.. wow been quite sometime since I ran below 12 min.. hehe.. quite satisfied with my timing... =D

    I joined the rest at the grandstand.. Ong did it in 9:25... Anton in 9:57.. well done for him.. I told him before the run that he could easily do below 10min.. followed by Melvin and Jimmy.. Adrian explained to us how to read the results from the watch... my Max was 165.. and min 65... Adrian told me maybe because the strap was loose during my run.. that's why there was some error in my heart rate readings...

    Lap Readings
    1st Lap -- 1:49:6
    2nd Lap -- 1:55:1
    3rd Lap -- 1:57:4
    4th Lap -- 2:00:1
    5th Lap -- 2:03:6
    6th Lap -- 1:58:9

    Distance covered: 2.4km __ Timing: 11:44:7

    2 Comments:

    • At 12:37 PM, Blogger carine said…

      Hey, I think I saw you at Gombak Stadium. I reached there at around 7.50 pm and sat near the guy who was explaining the lactate threshold thingy I think ... I was in white T-Shirt.

      moi-carine.com

       
    • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Jaime said…

      Yes! I remember u.. just saw ur website :D very nicely done ;) the guy was Adrian Mok.. GM of Polar :) Hope to see ya soon!

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home