• The Cheery Runner

    Thursday, August 11, 2005

    Speedwork @ Queenstown Stadium

    Today the turnout was really low... only 11 of us.. hahaha maybe because our trainer, Ong, posted the planned route on the forum... Speedwork!! :p We started at around 7 pm and headed towards Queenstown stadium from Depot Rd- Alexandra Rd- Mei Chin Rd... it about 4 km.. I took about 25 mins.. haha reserved some energy for the speedwork...

    Ong briefed us on how the training will be.. we are supposed to do 6 x 800m sets.. 4 min per set... abt 5min/km pace.. if we can do this consistently throughout.. it will be a sub-4 for marathon.. and the number of sets will gradually increased for the next subsequent speedwork sessions.. sort of similar to the Yaso-800s workout.. This is good for me as I get to to learn how to feel my pace... :)

    My standard had not reached 5min/km for long distance run.. so 4 min per set for 6 sets is definitely a speedwork and challenge to me.. as I tends to be slower for the later sets... akira taught us how to swing our arms where on the track.. I tried that out.. and it works quite well for me.. :) after the 4th set, I started to feel the dryness in my throat.. finally finishing the last set, I was quite shagged out already... but glad to maintain a consistent timing for the 6 sets :D

    6 Sets Timings:
    1st Set -- 4:06:90
    2nd Set -- 4:03:86
    3rd Set -- 4:03:75
    4th Set -- 4:08:40
    5th Set -- 4:13:03
    6th Set -- 4:07:59

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home