• The Cheery Runner

    Tuesday, August 02, 2005

    New Route to Farrer Road

    Today turnout for ladies was quite low.. oni 4 ladies Colleen, me, Yen and sh.. we gathered together and listen to our trainer, Ong about the directions of the new route... It will be a 14km run.. MF Safra - Henderson Rd - Tiong Bahru Park - Delta Canal -TanglinRd - Holland Rd - Farrer Rd - Margaret Rd - Delta Canal - Tiong BahruPark - Henderson Rd - MF Safra ... lucky i ate a banana at 4pm.. so got abit of energy for the run =)

    We started off promptly at 6.50pm.. At the canal, I saw the front runners were running at a slower pace today.. all running in the same pack... haha Anthony joked that all conserved energy.. dun dare to run past the trainer... past the Canal, the front pack started to lead further away from us.. still a long way to go... Cm, Yen and I ran together... At the end of Tanglin road, I felt a tear at the side of my sore... must be the dried blisters due to my yet to season GT1100... it was quite painful.. and I took sometime to adjusted to it... Yen was running very fast today.. I tried to maintain 2 arms length behind her.. along holland road.. i started to feel abrasion caused by running gear... really bite through my lips and endured all the way.. At the end of Magaret drive, cm said 4km more to go.. my timer clocked 1hr1min...

    Half way through the canal, we turned in henderson road.. that's a small short cut from the planned route.. At the last stretch along Henderson road, I sped all the way back to club...

    Distance covered: 13.8km Timing: 1hr 17min

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home