• The Cheery Runner

    Thursday, July 28, 2005

    MF Safra - Portsdown

    Today our trainer Ong proposed to run to Ulu Pandan Canal, that will be 18km.. mentally i am not prepared for such a long distance on a weekday run.. think i will take at least 2 hrs if I were to run that distance... all the ladies runner decided to run the shorter route.. U-turn back at the end of Portsdown road... Only Ong, Anthony, Akira and Yuen went ahead to Dover then Canal...

    I ran at my normal pace along Depot Road and the front runners Ong, Anthony, Akira, Yuen, HS, Eng hwa and Colleen were about 200m ahead... I managed to cross the Alexandra junction with them... a train line started to form as we ran towards Portsdown.. hahaha with me last in line... they were simply too fast for me.. Not advisable for me to follow their speed.. my breathing and legs were getting heavier.... I slowed down my pace and saw them led further and further from me.. I looked back to see if Yen's group were behind.. no one in sight... so I was alone.. in between the front and back group... alot of things went through my mind.. just a way to keep myself entertained during the run.. hehehe... at the exit of Portsdown, I saw my hubby, Ong waiting for me.. he was worried abt my safety and had told the rest to went ahead... then we saw Eng hwa, Colleen and hs running back.. I decided to join them as I already planned to do a shorter route...

    We met up with the rest at the exit of Portsdown.. Colleen suggested to run back Portsdown route.. this would be a longer distance as compared to the Commonwealth route.. At Alexandra junction, my throat was already quite dry out.. I took a quick drink at the Alexandra coffeeshop and headed back to club... for more water....

    Distance covered: 12.5km Timing: 1hr 22min

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home