• The Cheery Runner

    Saturday, August 20, 2005

    Public Service Quarter Marathon

    When we arrived at the stadium of Temasek Poly, there was a buzzing crowd of runners all over the grandstand... We met up with cm, laichee, sok hua and Mr Chua.. Sok Hwa had a big fall this morning from her cycling training @ LCK... her elbow was bruised but that din obstruct her from being the 7th runner in the race... :D Soon Eng Hwa, Anthony, Lee, Andre, Wong and Kumaran also came.. :)

    We put on our number tags and did a short warm up at the stadium... it was drizzling... At around 4pm, the commentator asked all runners to assemble at the track.. the 1st race was 5.8km... ladies will start off 1st followed by men's senior, mens' veteran and junior with a 2 mins block interval... the 2nd also the last event will be the 10km race for men's open (public svc and invitational)

    Laichee, Ailing, Eng Hwa, Sok Hwa and I had a short and funny chat about the number tag at the last row of the female runners.. Eng Hwa guided us to run on the grass patch as there were too many runners on the pavement.. and we managed to over take alot of ladies runner from there... soon we crossed the bridge and ran into Bedok reservior.. Eng Hwa and Sok Hwa were already up ahead.. I just ran on my own speed as they were simply too fast for me.. hahaha.. soon after, alot of male runners ran past me.... and all the way along the reservoir, I could hear my heavy panting.. soon cm overtook me followed by Mr Chua.... soon I saw Adam's place just ahead.. suddenly, I had a weird feeling around my adominal.... something like a whole block of numbness... I carried this numbness all the way till I finished the race... maybe due to the medication that I had been taking since last week.... I am really glad to finish the run.. thinking back.. it was a so near yet so far run for me.. luckily the weather was cloudy and cool due to the drizzle...

    Soon the 10km runners were back.. Ong followed by Anthony, Kumaran, Lee and Andre... we had our cool down at the track and waited for the results.... Lai Chee got the 5th, Eng Hwa 6th in the Women's Open and Sok Hwa 7th in the Woman's Veteran... before gg for our sumptuous BBQ dinner @ Adam's place :D

    Distance covered: 5.8km__ Timing: 31min 26secs

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home