• The Cheery Runner

    Tuesday, August 23, 2005

    2nd Speedwork @ Queenstown

    The turnout was okie today.. about 15 of us.... some regulars were MIA... hahaha maybe becos of the speedwork that our trainer had posted on web... We got a new runner, Alan today. He hoped to be able to do a sub-5 for this year marathon and decided to join us in our training session... as there is abt 3 mths plus to go b4 the marathon... Caroline was also back to join us for the 2nd time =)

    At about 6.50pm, we headed to Queenstown stadium from Depot road- Alexandra- Mei Chin Road... I took about 25 mins to reach the stadium.. I quickly walked to the grandstand to remove the sand inside my left shoe before joining the group on the track...

    Ong briefly explained the speedwork of today.. will be similar as the last speed work.. 6 sets of 800m... but the group will be split into 2... the 1st group will start 30secs earlier followed by the 2nd group who are faster.... this is to let the 1st group have a similar amt of time rest with the faster group.... then will do a slow 400m recovery run after each set...

    Throughout the 1st 5 sets, I managed to feel and lock my pace at 4min/set quite consistently.. I hope to be able to move on to a faster pace in the near future... For the last set, Akira told me tt he will run with me... so he companied each runner in the 1st group.. haha fair and square.. when I ran beside Caroline, he advised me on how I should run on the track.. always run on the inner track path.. so I geared up my speed a little bit, overtook Caroline and quickly moved in to the inner track... breathing hard and tried to relax my breathing.... at the last 200m, he showed me how the power of my arms can helped me moved much faster ahead.. I pushed my arms down and combine both power to run.. and it really made me ran faster... I finished the last set in 3:52secs... this showed tt I had not used much of my arm power to run during the 1st 5 sets...

    4km warm up run:
    1st set : 4:04:88
    2nd set : 4:05:17
    3rd set : 4: 01:52
    4th set : 4:05:19
    5th set : 4:00:14
    6th set : 3:52:55
    4km recovery run: 28mins 25secs

    I took a quick drink from the toilet and ran back with Ong.. I was quite tired by now.. can't wait to reach the club asap.. to have a nice cool bottle of 100plus... got the feeling of an Oasis just ahead and kept me going to reach for it.. hahaha

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home