• The Cheery Runner

    Wednesday, November 18, 2009

    Punggol - BK MRT

    Missed 2 training sessions for the past 2 days due to the rain... Was in a short dilemma if I should go for a morning run to make up for it.. glad that I managed to convince myself and made the right decision to do it as it started to pour from 4pm till late evening...

    Got on my gear and off I went for the usual 15km ard my neighbourhood. The early sun was still cosy tucked in by the light puffy clouds. Running at my comfy pace of 7min/km, I enjoyed the cool breeze as I headed towards Punggol. Tot of getting a bottle of Pocari from Ang Mo, but they were closed. Ran past the construction sites and decided to turn to SPC @ Edgefields to grab a drink. As the working force were buzzing their way towards punggol NEL, I observed something common in them. They were not smiling, their expressions looked stoned and tired. Even the drivers on the road looked very much the same. Many thoughts came by to me. What's life? Work for the sake of pleasure or survival? Are you enjoying what you are doing now? Up to date, yes I do. Many may say that reality is different, many a times it just not within our control. How much risk are you willing/able to take/adjust? There's so many perspectives that you can take... it's your choice.. your life...

    As I headed towards Sengkang, traffic was heavy which made running difficult. Stopped a couple of times. Not much of the cars were travelling along Anchorvale - Fernvale, which makes the air much fresher and less noisy. By the time I exit from Fernvale, the sun is already out- big and bright in the clear blue sky. Din stop at YCK Shell as I still had my drink.. cont'd all the way to back. Legs were ok.. stretched and had a short rest at BK MRT enjoying the greenery view and light breeze... :)

    Distance 15km __ Timing : 1hr45mins

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home