• The Cheery Runner

    Sunday, November 01, 2009

    MF - ECP B1

    Started off with Julie and Henry today, was worried if I was running too fast at the beginning as I felt abit breathless to talk.. time checked at harbourfront, 14mins.. 7min pace.. much better. Caught up with both of them at keppel traffic light, told them that Ong told me to run in a pace that I can talk, haha and i occassionally does chk by asking myself if i can still talk. of cos when no one around else people might think that i am mad or something.. haha

    Ran past many female runners along esplanade - nicoll highway. saw Lucille and she was looking good! improved her 10km timing to 1:10, well done! It was GE women 10km run which i participated once in 2006. Good thing about running on event day is that there's road closure and free drinks (of cos after most of the runners have past that WP). I topped up my bottle at nicoll highway WP and cont'd on. Julie and Henry were long out of my sight.Took 1hr10mins to reach the end of nicoll bridge.. Dunno why i had a thirst to drink today, kept taking sips of water from my bottle. maybe with a bottle in hand, it's hard to resist and psychologically had an urge to finish off everything. Saw Dear abt 100m behind of TH exiting ECP as i ran towards B1. Time checked again... 1hr 39mins at B1 (U-turn point). My mini Pocari bottle already emptied.

    Took a 5mins break at SPC @ Tanjong Rhu estate. Walked abit towards Mac and finished half a bottle of my just purchased Pocari. Told myself i better stop drinking. Transferred the remaining to the mini bottle and dragged my feet on. Laichee and Freddy past me b4 the stadium. Refilled my bottle with mineral water at another GE WP (closed shop with no officials) at kallang park. Was all alone running until Freddy came up from behind again. was bit of surprise as he had overtook me much earlier, he had a bad stomach day today.. cleared 3 times during the run.. asked him to aim for flyer for the next pit stop. As his image get smaller and smaller and then totally out of my sight, i was wondering how much time is my foot resting on the ground before the next stride since that detemine the pace that I am running. How should i coordinate my stride whereby i will not feel breathless as I run faster? Can i breath normally with fast strides? How to do that???

    A kind GE official let me refill my bottle with 100plus syrup at the last pitstop before flyer.. lucky i have 3/4 of water left as i din really like the taste of plain water during runs, felt tt my legs were cramping up with the water. The 100 plus came in handy to last me through the entire run. Din stop at Anson 7-11 tho i was tempted to.. haha but told myself that i have been drinking too much, shld be able to last without water for the last 5km to club. Easy comfortable pace that was not really tiring.. glad to completed my 1st 30km after the past few wks of training

    Distance: 30.5km __ Time: 3:41

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home