• The Cheery Runner

    Sunday, November 15, 2009

    MF - ECP Mac

    Dear and I were down at the streets before 6am.. no sign of a cab at all. Dear made a quick decision to take the train instead when the train arrival display indicated "Harbourfront 2mins". Saw Derrick, Simon, Laichee, Shirley, Wong and Yuen on our bus ride to the club.

    Had a short chat with Henry, Lucille, Enghwa and started off 1st at 7am sharp. Engine was slow in starting up today. Calfs felt achy tho I had a superb good rest yesterday. Doesn't felt like running at all. Felt like walking when I reached Shell. Be patient and just go slow, dun stop. Henry caught up with me at Harbourfront and asked how long will I be running today. Up to ECP Mcdonald which I really hope I can do it. Weixin past me at the railway station, told me that he will be running slow today as he had a full day of ball game @ Sentosa cum a late nite show till 2am this morning. But in less than 10mins, he was already out of my sight.. that's the slow of fast runners! *o*

    It was only when I reached DBS that I felt warmed up and felt like running.. weather was very nice and the road was cleared with the Apec meeting, i was running in the 1st lane at most of the times towards Flyer until Freddy came up from behind and asked me to run on the pavement. :P Reached the flyer in an hr in a comfortable pace that I could talk. Stopped for a 2min break at B1 Wenlong's pitstop, topped up my pocari bottle with 100 plus and went on to Mac. Felt a blister on the right side of my left big toe as I ran... did some adjustments so I wun feel it else it's really hard to run.. Saw Julie, Laichee, Micheal and Ivy on their return route. Dear was surprised when he saw me at Mac, tot I wld run up to B2.. asked me to be careful and off he went. Time check - 1 hr 57 min for 16+km.

    Had another break at B1, topped up another can of 100 plus to my bottle plus another can. Din take any gels or chocs as I told Ivy tt I wanted to burn off my fats.. :P quite mental as I ran along kallang, looking forward to reach flyer. Planned my next pitstop @ Lau Pa Sat Cheers, no Pocari oni 100 plus and Sportswater.. decided to go to 7-eleven at Anson.. the drink pushed me on.. saw Ivy at Tanjong pagar and told her that i gg to 7-eleven. Grabbed Gatorade and off I went. 3hr 40min... last 5km to go... just keep going.. my lower back and side of my hips were hurting.. so glad to reach the club. took me 2hr 14mins for the return route from Mac .. Lie flat on the grd n asked dear to massage my lower back to relieve the pain...

    Distance: 35km (inclusive of breaks) __ Time: 4hr 12 min

    1 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home