• The Cheery Runner

    Tuesday, May 13, 2008

    MF Loops cum Stairs

    Was late to club today.. reach Safra n saw a long car queue.. alamak.. Carpark Full.. let dear, Ricci n Waifung alight 1st while i joined in the queue.. lucky dun have to wait tt long.. but to my amaze, there were actually quite a no. of empty lots.. hmm guess they shld upgrade their systems on the no of empty slots so the drivers wun have to queue for no reason.. -_-

    Dear is the trainer for today.. 6 sets (5.5 rds) of MF loop + 2 sets of staircase. manage to join the fellow runners in time as I went up from the stairs of henderson rd.. :D just before we start our session, Peter ran past all of us n we cheered him on :D

    I went up from the road.. n two big buses came down on after another.. luckily manage to hope onto the grass patch path in time.. phew.. shld have follow the safety rule to run on the protected pavement.. Doing the MF loop has always been very mental for me.. how to convince myself to go rd and rd.. trying hard to increase the no of loop i do.. the 1st 2 loops.. my mind is blank.. as i just look forward to run.. saw julie taking a water break at the hill top when i was doing 2.5 rds.. tempted to go in too.. but worried i might stop.. since i still feel hydrated.. told myself.. ok next rd then drink.. saw her coming out of Hilltop at the next subsequent 2 loops.

    As i went down the slope.. i remembered the documentary I watched last sun.. Pushing the Limits: Strength.. how to reduce the impact for ur knees.. as running is X times of impact than normal walking.. n the pounding on down slopes are worst.. it mentioned tt by staying relax, ur muscles will be more flexible.. hmm maybe instead of restricting the speed of gg down.. maybe i shld try on relaxing n just let my legs run down.. i felt the more i try to control the down speed, the more resistance it may be for my knees.. (P/s: not sure how true it is.. as i am just trying out n try to think in a logical way)

    Tho i still felt quite "Chuan3" during the upslope.. but felt my legs condition better than the last time I did MF loop.. as I can still lift up my legs (Tho Jimmy was not ard n went for swim to nurse his left swollen knee, his voice kept repeating in my head: "Gotta lift up ur legs."). Dear overtook me at my 4th loop.. 5th for him... followed by Melvin (Snr) n Derrick who is giving a hard chase after Mel who looks soooo relax... guess the oni one who can go @ steady pom pi pi speed is melvin(Snr).. hardly hear his breathing if u run beside him.. *envy*

    Manage to complete 4.5 rds.. n continued to do 1 sets of stairs.. wah really not easy.. not used to it as i had skipped the stairs training for the past sessions.. not sure how long i took.. but my legs really jellied tt i have problem standing.. just 1 set n it flatten me out! got to lean on the road barriers to support my body weight.. oni 1 word: TOUGH but very good training.. really kudos to Alan's elite grp who have to do numerous sets of power run + 2 sets of stairs..

    Loop 1: 9:44:61
    Loop 2: 10:16:39
    Loop 3: 10:38:84
    Loop 4: 11:38:93 (with water break)
    Loop 5: 5:22:23 (1/2 Loop)

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home