• The Cheery Runner

    Saturday, May 03, 2008

    Finally...

    Having a peaceful mind as I write.. Enjoying Kenny G white Xmas as I write.. feel so peaceful today.. calm n relax.. This wk has been a relief wk for me.. as I finally hand in the letter...

    Looking forward to my new career.. hmm nv have I wrote personal feelings except running in my blog.. but this incident really left me hurt n sad.. Glad tt it was over.. glad that i survived thru tt quarter.. My dear has always been there for me to hear my grievances, anger n complains.. provide the best listerning ear, console me and walk thru this period with me together . Thank you so much dear :*

    Due to company policy, there are too many restrictions for contracted staff.. too many "You can't do this", "You can't access this", "You can't know this" but they expect u to perform n complete the work as if "You have all these". When the fault it's always the lowest rank that have to take the rap. Altho that's always the case, but being to be that person it is so unfair. Nv expect to happen to me.

    When I handed in the letter to boss, he was taken aback. He nv expected that when I personally request to meet him for the 1st time with my 2 yrs working there would be passing him that. Asked me why. I explained that I liked to move on to do something that I have wanted to do in my life. He said that I am irresponsible to do this at this moment, shld have inform/hint him or my fellow colleagues. I am different from the rest as I have been the one n only handling this project. How can I leave at this moment and my notice is definitely insufficient for the smooth transistion. My decision is firm. Feel very maligned for what he said. I have done everything I could for the company (which they have nv show abit of appreciation to outsourced staff). I have suffered enuff emotionally. Since I am leaving, I will nv allow my reputation being tarnish as an irresponsible person. I explained one of the reason why I decided to leave. Of cos also got a few other factors tt made me feel unwilling to stay on for my main company.

    Tt incident... from Sep to Dec...
    Insufficient material was available to complete the modules. I was questioned why I nv do the necessary stockup. The fact is I have informed my sup a couple of times but due to his busy schedule, he may have overlooked it. Worst thing is the lead time takes 10 wks. He was fuming mad, how could this happen. But the case is from the start he nv gave us a specific timeline when he will need the next batch cos normally this coy operation is so unsure that they oni knows at the last min. When sudden the high authories wanted to carried it out.. then the ones below are like "ants in a hot pot" to quickly execute out the instructions.

    Nasty things start to roll out from his mouth.
    1."Ur coy charged me XX K per mth. I'll make sure I squeeze u dry. U are more expensive than my fellow team mbrs."
    This is totally ridiculous n absurd. How can he blame me for that! It's the contract between both companies n I defintely nv gained anything from it. What i am getting is 5X lower than what was paid. This is not the 1st time I have been contracted out to work for another company. I knew my coy will charge a higher rate to the client cos no employment/medical benefits have to be bore by them. Compared to my fellow colleagues who had been attached here, my workload is so many times heavier. I am not loafing in the office doing nothing. I always plan ahead to make sure I'm earlier than schedule.

    2. "Check with tt particular fellow colleague in your coy. What a nasty client I am."
    That sounds like a threat to me when I am to be transferred back to my coy to continue on his project. What wrong did I do here? I carried out n submit my work on time. I nv have any conflict with him before. I was called to meeting with him for so many times during tt period. My supervisor's EA also got to go with me sometimes n get instructed by him. Felt sorry for him too. That's y I told him nv make any empty promises to him. You will get it if u cannot deliver.

    3. "You shld keep checking with your sup if he had ordered the items."
    Hey that's not right. I can only check with my sup periodically, not every min/hr every day. Everyone has their own loads of work to complete. I can't possibly disturb n remind my sup everyday. That'll piss pple off. I dun like ppl to do the same to me too. (And at the moment, he has been chasing me everyday to chase the suppliers for quotations n I have to apologise to the suppliers as they are not only serving me alone. They have customers all over sg.)

    4. "Your sup is of higher rank(same as him). You shldn't bother him on these things. I want you n his EA to have this communication bridge in future."
    He aske me n my sup's EA why we can't communicate in ordering the items. Actually I was instructed by my sup before, I have to go thru him n he will instructed his EA the things to order. Tt's the proper channel as I am only a contract staff with no assistant. So it's rightful for my sup to delegate work to his EA. After this, my sup's EA has to take ownership in ordering the items for him in future. I explained to my sup on his decision. Ridiculous right, end up my sup has no control on how the work shld be delgated to his own EA.

    My boss is in great disbelief that I have gone thru such incident. If I have any conflict with him, but we are quite ok before that n nv have any differences. I just did my work assigned by my sup when he informed my sup. But I guessed he was also under tremendous stress to shield his own mbrs from their head who is extremely demanding. Anyway the case already closed last yr n he also apologised. I shld have told him or my mentor. Actually I did mention to my mentor before. He said someone is paid to settle this type of issues. He doesn't have the power to control me in this way. Is there any ways that he can make me stay. If he transfer me out from this project n work on something else. But my decision is firm and I am looking forward to my new career. Of cos being thru this, it has taught me to be stronger mentally n emotionally.

    The reason why i have stayed till now is becos I felt I am responsible to complete all the work. Happy to hear compliments from my supervisor, PM and lab head in my contacted company tt I have been a good staff. Finally I can put a nice fullstop for the 2 years working there. :D

    2 Comments:

    • At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      I would have lost a good colleague and P.A. by the end of the month and be left with a friend.

       
    • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Jaime said…

      Haha no worries manz.. can come out for Teh-O :D

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home