• The Cheery Runner

    Tuesday, November 28, 2006

    MF 10km

    Today will be the last run up to MF b4 the actual day.. Everyone was running at a fast pace today.. PS asked me wat happen to everyone today.. haha all were like chionging from start.. i followed behind Adam until we went up the MF slope... could feel the strain below my calves.. Wong, Adam, PS, Peter, Sok Hwa, Mr Chua were all chionging up the slopes while i struggle to run up.. just a few more steps to the end of the steepest part.. n i could feel sharp tightness above my ankle n was trying to hop up. Uncle Lim passed me n told me really tough.. yes it definitely is! it was until i reached out for the 2nd minor slope tt my legs was locked to the ground.. i had problem trying to move.. i held on the grillings and push hard, breathe hard n look down the hill.. nice scenery but can't really enjoy it with the pain.. i looked at my watch.. 29mins plus.. within that 2 mins of cramping state, i was in a dilemna.. walk back by the stairs or run on.. i slowly ran towards the hilltop n the downslope to Morse road really helps me alot to recover.. by the time i reached the church, I felt strong n plan to catchup with the rest.. I picked up my speed n slowly saw small images ahead of me along the lightly dimmed TB road.. confident to catchup, i went faster n was just behind Peter, PS, Wong and Thomas at the HF busstop.. due to the heavy busflow n passengers, Wong ran to the outer buslane.. 1st time I ever saw Wong running so dangerously.. the rest of us squeezed through the packed passengers at the inner side.. feeling i cld cont'd on, I increased my pace but was blocked by 2 inconsiderate runners at the next busstop.. they dun let me overtake them.. left without much choice.. I pushed them to go faster n closeup with Wong.. Wong tried to let them pass him a couple of times but these 2 guys just dun wan to move into a single lane n overtake.. so finally wong ran on to the grass patch n let them pass together.. but the red guy suddenly dropped pace as he saw wong ran onto the grass n i took the chance to cut in the gap.. he tot i was his fren.. turned n ask me to breathe hard.. i took a quick look at him n ran off.. Wong caught up with me at KB junction.. i cont'd on.. but as I went up TB rise, my calfs start to ache badly and my pace dropped.. Uncle Lim was walking just ahead of me.. 1 more km to club.. i just ran whatever i have left.. Wong overtake me at the mosque n Peter overtake me just b4 the last busstop to club.. tho it's not my best timing for the 10km, but i really enjoyed doing tempo speed along the way back ;)

    Distance: 10km __ Timing: 1:01

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home