• The Cheery Runner

    Sunday, November 12, 2006

    Finally did my 38km!!

    I woke up super super early today.. gonna do my LSD.. my past LSD nv exceeded 30km b4.. n my mileage was 0km for the past wk!! panic!! we reached ECP B1 carpark at 5.05am.. supposed to meet Alvin, Peter, Waifung, David, Angeline and Alex for run at 5.45am.. my poor darling gonna slept in the car as I start off early with them at 6am.. he will be starting his run with the rest of the regulars at 7.10am..

    I finally got to try out my new Cumulus today :D The sky was still pitched dark as we started.. Waifung and I ran ahead.. really enjoyed her company as we ran and chatted.. we saw the sun rise n enjoyed the nice cooling breeze... soon we reached D1 toilet n made our 1st U-turn :D Alex, Alvin n Peter were just slightly behind us.. then we saw David n Angeline were stretching at C4 .. they were late n asked us to run 1st... dear was up n taking his power gel when we reached the startpt.. 41 mins passed.. n out we went from fort road where we saw Alan running in..

    Alex caught up with us n we ran on towards stadium direction... Took my 1st salt&sugar tablet at the Hindu temple at Kallang.. I ran with boon, David's friend along Marina Promenade.. reached esplanade n saw Waifung just slightly behind.. we continued on towards shenton way.. i stopped at lau Pa Sat Cheers for my 1st water topup n asked them to carry on 1st.. (glad i did that cos the Marina south Mama shop was closed).. as I ran into Marina South, Colleen n Chin Whatt passed me n went far ahead.. I caught up with Alvin just before the recreation center, n we paced and motivated one another towards the Pier.. great to have someone to joke along the way.. really kills the boredom to run the boring M stretch.. :D

    soon we saw more of our runners who started later running pass us.. Ricci, Teck Hou, Alan.. saw Waifung, Alex n Boon as I headed towards the pier.. the round-about was quite small.. expect a big jam during the race day.. i passed my remaining isotonic to dear... took my 2nd tablet at Marina bay mrt.. once out of marina south, i felt confident to finish the full route.. i skipped the water pt at finger pier.. ran back to cheers to get another 2 H2O for $2.. top up my fuel belt n saw adam across the street.. offered my extra bottle of drink to him but he still got a fully loaded fuel belt..

    At Republic bouvelvard, my calfs was getting quite tired n stiff.. knees also getting pain.. abt 6km to go.. told myself.. it's in ur mind.. gg to finish it! i saw derrick at Esso station at kallang.. he was eating bread.. i stretched along the green bars.. 1.5km to go.. i saw Adam just ahead of me.. running towards ECP.. we ran together at the last stretch n YES! i did it!

    Distance: 38km __ Timing: 4:41:43

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home