• The Cheery Runner

    Thursday, November 16, 2006

    BV-Queenstown

    Cm announced to all to complete the run by 8.15pm as we have something on after the run.. haha my watch displayed 6.55pm.. n we are still at the club lobby.. wulala gonna run fast fast..

    We went by the usual route- Depot Rd-Alexandra- Queensway.. my watched clked 17mins plus.. n I saw my dear at the junction.. the elites were stopped by the traffic.. once the greenman was ON, zoom off they went.. I was in the middle pack at the portsdown part.. followed Julie most of the time.. Out of portsdown, i went ahead n managed to close up the distance with Enghwa, Shirley, Melissa n Uncle Lim at BV.. Uncle Lim started to walk due to his knee problem.. Along commonwealth, Melissa stopped.. her hamstring was giving her problem n asked her to stretch before moving on.. I ran with Shirley n Enghwa till the junction.. was quite surprise when Anthony passed me.. later then i knew he went for a water break at BV mrt :D afterwhich they start to increase pace n I was threw behind.. haha.. felt cramps at my stomach n slowed down...

    By the time i reached Queensway, I felt almost half dead.. energy running very low.. 3km to go.. was really wondering how am i gg to finish it.. Cm and PS caught up from behind... n I gulped down some of their water.. I went on real slow n easy as they gave chase to Enghwa who is slightly ahead.. At Gillman place, Patrick came up from behind n talked to me.. hahah i got no strength to reply him at all.. signalled to him to carry on.. 2km... 1.5km.. n finally at DSTA, i heard footsteps from behind.. it is Julie, i tried to follow her for the last stretch n so glad to finally reach the club.. pinned to the wall to have a good stretch n get out of my giddiness..

    Actually we have a secret mission today.. it's our Babe, PS and Hunk, Wong bdae celebration :D .. so some of us have been preparing n wanna give them a surprise ;) Alvin bought a Hilton Cheesecake, lotsa fruits and drinks. Thanks!! :D

    Distance covered: 14km __ Timing: 1:26:27

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home